Benefits: Read more about what we offer on our website
Contract type: Fixed-term, 6 months
Closing date: by 18th November (9am)
Download the job description and person specification from our website
Can you lead from the front, possessing a real understanding of the way that UK media works and able to translate and communicate that into winning media strategies that can secure us impactful coverage that can increase the awareness arthritis and Versus Arthritis?
We’re looking for a confident, experienced and talented leader with a strong news sense, drive and genuine desire to communicate and build relations with a range of journalists and media.
You’ll also be a supportive and generous manager with a real interest to encourage and developing a talented and ambitious team.
Possessing real depth of knowledge and understanding to provide expert communications counsel to our key teams you will also be an enthusiastic member of our communications management team – planning, scheduling and developing our team.
About the role
As a key member of communications management team, the Media Manager will play a central role in our ambitions to improve the lives of the 10 million people with arthritis and musculoskeletal conditions. In this varied and exciting role, you will
- Lead in raising the profile of Versus Arthritis in target media, improving both the quality and quantity of news mentions.
- Support the development of a high-quality media relations function.
- Develop the skills and capacities of the communications team in all aspects of media communications
- Lead on the delivery of an effective reactive media relations activity
- Develop a pipeline of media stories and ensure integration and planning with digital, marketing, and public affairs teams
- Support our nations in increasing media mentions
- Substantial, successful experience of working in a communications environment either in an agency or in-house
- Experience of the not for profit or health sector
- Substantial experience and demonstrable success in planning, delivering and evaluating consumer facing communications campaigns
- Strong project management experience
- Substantial media relations experience including national and regional print, broadcast and online media.
- Experience of leading and managing others to deliver against objectives.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by 9am on 18th November via the link to our website.
Interviews: 25th November in London
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 17.8 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156