Location: Flexible: Chesterfield, London or homeworker
Travel: Some travel will be expected on an ad hoc basis to our Chesterfield and/or London offices
Hours: Part-time, 21 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £22,894.80 per annum (London office), £20,574.00 per annum (rest of UK/homeworker)
Benefits: Read more about what we offer on our website
Closing date: Monday 15 November 2021
Are you an experienced and confident HR professional who is customer-focused and practical in their approach? At Versus Arthritis we are committed to developing and supporting our people and to enable us to do this we have moved to a business partnering approach. We are a new team which is looking for the final people to make it complete. This is an exciting time to join us as we develop our offer and build our key relationships. You will support and advise on all aspects of the HR offer, accessing expertise from other teams within the People and Organisational Development Directorate.
About the role
This role will push back against arthritis by working with organisation leaders to develop and deliver the people agenda in your area of responsibility, improving organisational performance.
The HR Business Partner will work closely with key stakeholders across all directorates to provide advice, support and guidance to enable the organisation to develop a workforce which can deliver the charity's strategic goals.
- It's about effective workforce planning.
- It's about influencing, coaching and advising.
- It's about learning, evaluating and improving.
We are looking for someone who gets excited about their role working with people and what they can contribute to the success of the organisation's ambitions. You must like a challenge and embrace opportunities, having patience and enthusiasm.
We are looking for the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualified to CIPD Level 5 or equivalent experience.
- Experience of supporting organisational change.
- Significant generalist HR experience, including managing complex employee relations cases.
- Strong and effective communicator, with the ability to engage stakeholders.
- A flexible, pragmatic and creative approach, redefining problems in light of information gathered or changes in context.
- Evidence of effectively working with uncertainty and ambiguity and comfortable working at pace.
- Strong advising and coaching skills, enabling managers to develop their knowledge, confidence and capability in managing people to get the best out of their teams whilst ensuring a balanced approach to risk and reputation.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement form demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the People Business Partner role
- Please include where you've seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by Monday 15 November 2021.
First interviews expected: Week commencing 29 November 2021 by Microsoft Teams.
There are 18.8 million people living with a musculoskeletal (MSK) condition like arthritis in the UK. Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don't accept this. We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace