Location: Flexible: London, Chesterfield or homeworker
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £51,560 per annum (London office-based), £47,955 per annum (rest of UK)
Benefits: Read more about what we offer on our website
Contract type: Permanent
Travel: Some travel to our offices and to the Physical Activity delivery sites across the UK
Closing date: Monday 3 January 2022
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
We're looking for a Strategic Programme Manager to lead on our physical activity programme and manage our Physical Activity team, working alongside people with arthritis and musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions to enable us to determine the best way of tackling barriers and build opportunities to increase activity levels so that people with arthritis are able to lead full and active lives.
If you have the drive, adaptability, confidence appraising research evidence and excellent interpersonal skills to help define, develop and ensure the effective management of our cross-organisational project in support of our physical activity strategy, then we'd like to hear from you!
About the role
As our Strategic Programme Manager, you will manage a practical, impactful and sustainable programme of activity that will enable Versus Arthritis to support people with arthritis and musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions to improve their health through increased physical activity.
This role will suit a candidate able to maximise opportunity and use this to develop consensus amongst beneficiaries and stakeholders and define an impactful and sustainable programme of activity. Your analysis, drive, inter-personal skills, creative problem-solving and confidence will be used to help define, develop, and plan for a long-term programme of activity.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience of planning, managing, delivering and evaluating a range of projects. This will include experience working with multiple stakeholders, in complex organisations, to deliver large-scale and/or national programmes of work.
- Experience at a strategic or corporate planning level in market research, insight collection and analysis.
- A sophisticated understanding of the charity sector, and the dynamics around business decision making, change and strategic planning.
- Public Health related qualification or equivalent experience in health, sports development, social care, and public health environment.
- Experience of working with and/or supporting people with long-term health conditions/disabilities at a strategic level.
- Ability to confidently disseminate and present clear insights and recommendations to a variety of audiences, in a way that informs and influences their decision making.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and persuade others in a wide setting including senior leaders in the organisation, external stakeholders, and internal colleagues.
- Strong programme management and organisational ability, including being able to prioritise activities and independently manage own workload that includes multiple strands of work.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement form demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Strategic Programme Manager, Physical Activity
- please include where you've seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by Monday 3 January 2022.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
First interview expected on Thursday 13 January 2022 via Microsoft Teams.
Second interview expected on Tuesday 18 January 2022 via Microsoft Teams.
There are 18.8 million people living with a musculoskeletal (MSK) condition like arthritis in the UK. Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don't accept this.
Versus Arthritis exists to push back against arthritis stealing people's lives. We challenge the most common misconceptions about arthritis: that it is inevitable, only affects older people, or that it's 'just a bit of arthritis'. People with arthritis have a fundamental right to live independent and rich lives, whatever their age and their circumstances. We won't stop researching, campaigning and supporting them until we've achieved this for everyone.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.