Location: London or Chesterfield with travel between sites
Hours: Part time, 21 hours per week (ideally over 3 days)
Salary: £41,500 (£24,900 pro-rata) London, £38,500 (£23,100 pro-rata) Chesterfield/Rest of UK
Benefits: Read more about what we offer
Contract type: 12 months fixed-term maternity cover
Closing date: by 5pm on Monday 7 October 2019
Download the job description and person specification on our website.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced research communicator to work within our research liaison & evaluation team. This is an integral role helping us communicate effectively about our research to both internal and external stakeholders. Improving our capacity to understand and communicate research is crucial for:
- telling the story of the organization and all it achieves
- keeping our research community informed and engaged so they are inspired to act as advocates for our ambitions
- building essential linkages between the research directorate and teams delivering across the rest of the charity
- maximizing the benefits of research for people with arthritis.
About the role
The main purpose of this role is to manage information provision and communications around our research to both internal and external stakeholders. The key responsibilities are:
- Lead on the project management of research communications using our digital channels
- Manage communications around developments in our research ambition and future directions with our research community
- Oversee and develop our staff engagement offer around research activities
- Lead on the provision of research information in response to queries from people with arthritis
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline (biological sciences or science communication) or an equivalent level of experience.
- Experience of preparing medical or scientific information for non-specialist audiences.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Highly interactive and able to operate across a wide range of teams and individuals at all levels within the charity.
- Efficient and well organised, with the ability to prioritise and meet demanding deadlines.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by 5pm on Monday 7 October. Further details on our website.
Interviews expected: 16 October 2019 at our London Office.
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 17.8 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.