Vibrance has exciting opportunities available for you to join our team as a Finance Officer based in Bethnal Green, London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week (part time/flexible working arrangements available) and in return, you will receive an attractive salary ranging from £21,239 - £22,331 per annum
Vibrance is a medium sized charity operating across London & the Southeast of England, that supports adults with a range of disabilities to live their lives as they wish and to maximise choice and independence.
About our Finance Officer role:
You will assist the Finance Manager and Senior Finance Officer in the provision of an efficient, effective and pro-active finance function that is responsive to the ongoing needs of the organisation.
Responsibilities as our Finance Officer will include:
- Assisting the Senior Finance Officer to ensure that income due to the Organisation is being received in a timely manner
- Ensuring that income is being allocated/posted accurately in the Accounting System(s) so that they are kept up to date and accurate
- Undertaking credit control duties by chasing non-payment of invoices/charges and escalating any ongoing issues accordingly
- Undertaking year end tasks and support the annual audit process
- Contributing to development of the service to ensure that the Finance Function remains effective and provides a high quality & responsive service to our key stakeholders including Service Managers
Skills and experience required by our Finance Officer:
- GCSE Maths/English (or equivalent)
- Accounting Qualification or Part Qualification/Studying such as AAT or Degree (desirable)
- Minimum of three years’ experience working within an accounting environment
- Sound Customer Service Experience
- Experience of working with colleagues across departments to resolve issues
- Experience of administering a Sales Ledger System, issuing invoices and allocating receipts
- Experience of Credit Control including issuing statements and chasing non-payment
- Excellent organisational ability including time management and prioritising tasks
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Excellent numerical skills
- Demonstrates importance of confidentiality
- Ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook & Teams
- Awareness of importance of Equal Opportunities
- Awareness of importance of confidentiality & GDRP
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, you'll enjoy all the support you need to develop a rewarding career, including an opportunity to attend a comprehensive training programme covering core skills, Corporate Induction and continue your professional development.
We also offer a range of benefits, including a generous holiday entitlement, a contributory pension scheme and recognition of service awards.
Closing date for applications: 13th November 2020
To join us as one of our Finance Officer please apply online with your CV.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.