We have an exciting opportunity for a Children & Young people's (CYP) Independent Domestic Violence Advisor to join our London CYP Service, working 37.5 hours a week until 31st March 2025.
Do you want to make a difference every day? Do you want to contribute to change & improve the quality of lives of children and young people?
Do you have resilience & adaptability? Can you work effectively with a focus on safety and customer service and care?
If yes, then we'd love to hear from you…
What we offer:
At Victim Support we believe in attracting & retaining the best people and offer a competitive rewards & benefits package including:
- Flexible working options including hybrid working
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, rising to 30 days plus Bank Holidays
- £500 bonus paid on successful completion of probationary period
- Pension with 5% employer contribution
- Enhanced sick pay allowances & maternity payments
- High Street, retail, holiday, entertainment & leisure discounts - Access to our financial wellbeing hub & salary deducted finance
- Employee assistance programme & wellbeing support
- Ongoing training & support with opportunities for career development & progression
About the role:
This role is based in our Old Street office with flexibility of hybrid working.
As a Children & Young people's Independent Domestic Violence Advisor you will be required to:
- Effectively manage a caseload of different risk level cases of young people and provide specialist support to reduce the risk and increase safety.
- Provide one to one support to children and young people living in families affected by domestic abuse.
- Work collaboratively with LVWS IDVAs and other relevant support services to achieve the best outcomes for the family unit.
- You will have a thorough understanding of the current issues for children and young people experiencing domestic abuse
- Experience of carrying out comprehensive needs and risk assessments; to ensure CYP's receive an individually tailored support package that fully meets their identified needs, including safety planning, advocacy, emotional and practical support.
- As a CYP IDVA:
- Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
- Victim Support (VS) is an independent charity providing a range of specialist services to people who have been affected by crime across England and Wales. We work towards a world where there are fewer victims but who have stronger rights, better support and a real influence in the Criminal Justice System. Everyone at VS is driven by our Vision Ambitions and Values to play their part in making a difference for those who experience crime and traumatic events. Working for VS gives you the opportunity to play a key role in a national charity providing high quality services to victims and witnesses and being a vital force for change.
- Victim Support are committed to recruiting with care and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and Disclosed Barring Service checks may be required.
- Victim Support is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe having a diverse workforce at all levels allows us to represent the communities we serve and connect better with people affected by crime. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds. We therefore welcome applicants from all communities and monitor the diversity of applicants to analyse if we are representative of the communities we serve in terms of sex, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, trans identity, relationship status, religion or belief, caring responsibilities, age and socio-economic status. As part of our commitment to the Race at Work Charter we would particularly welcome applicants from BAME communities
How to apply:
- To apply for this role please follow the link below to the Jobs page on our website, and complete the application form demonstrating how you meet the essential shortlisting criteria.
- We looking forward to hearing from you.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if we receive enough suitable applications to take forward to interview prior to the published closing date.