Victim Support is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer 3rd Line Technical Support based in Central London.
Victim Support (VS) is an independent charity for people affected by crime in England and Wales. We work towards a world where people affected by crime or traumatic events get the support they need and respect they deserve.
We currently have an immediate and urgent need for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer (3rd Line) for a national charity, to provide infrastructure support and maintenance across the Windows Server 2008/2012, VMware/vSphere ESXi 6.5, Exchange 2010 and Citrix VDI XenDesktop environment, ensuring optimum efficiency, business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place and adhered to. You will be working within a strict ITIL framework environment and similar experience is preferred.
We are looking for someone who is able to demonstrate the following experience:
Technical Knowledge and experience:
- Solid commercial experience gained in an infrastructure 3rd line technical support role
- Supporting virtualised infrastructures (VMware ESX 6.5 and VSphere)
- Extensive experience supporting Windows Server 2008-2012 and Windows 7 - 10 enterprise
- Supporting MS Exchange 2010
- Experience with Citrix VDI XenDesktop
- Supporting Windows Active Directory including DHCP, DNS, GPO, TCP/IP
- IS Security (Firewalls, Sophos AntiVirus, AntiSpyware)
- Provide support for communication systems, e.g. VOIP telephony, video conferencing, Skype for business
- Manage SCCM to deploy updates to Workstations
- Supporting Servers, PCs, Laptops and Smart phones (Lenovo Workstation and laptops, HP ProLiant Servers, Blades & SANS (MSA and Nimble))
- You will have excellent written and oral communication skills including excellent interpersonal skills with staff at all levels of IT experience
- Supporting Microsoft IIS
- Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam backup
- Installation, configuration, fault diagnosis and rectification of a range of local and wide area network components incl. HP Switches, CISCO routers, Firewalls, etc.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Skype for Business
- Experience supporting VPN\Remote Working Cisco ASA, Checkpoint NG Firewall
- Experience of configuring and maintaining WhatsUp Gold
- Desirable Skills:
- Experience supporting Microsoft Direct Access
- Scripting experience .vbs, WMI, PowerShell
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent skills
- Educated to degree level in II or equivalent
- ITIL and Prince 2 foundation desirable
- You will be working within a three core shift system thus ensuring that the IS Services are adequately covered between 08:00hrs and 20:00hrs with occasional rare travel to support local offices and stakeholders throughout the country. Due to the nature of this role we will on occasion require unsocial hours of work to carry out activities related to essential maintenance, change control or patching.
Due to the secure nature of the organisation there is a strong preference for candidates with current security clearance or at the very least CRB checked
Victim Support offers competitive rewards and benefits including pension and life assurance, 25 days annual leave (pro-rata), voluntary benefits such as season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, and the opportunity to play a key role in a national charity providing world-class services to victims and witnesses and being a vital force for change.
Applications should be explicit enough to provide good evidence against the shortlisting criteria, which are marked in the person specification as (s). In order to apply, please create a profile in our website (jobs section), complete and submit an online application form.
If you have the drive to make a difference within an organisation which makes a difference we look forward to hearing from you.
Victim Support takes pride in being a diverse organisation, enriched by the participation of all individuals and communities. Diversity matters and we value it.