Victim Support are looking for a Service Delivery Assistant to work based in Greater Manchester, Bolton.
Victim Support (VS) is an independent charity for people affected by crime in England and Wales. We work towards a world where people affected by crime or traumatic events get the support they need and respect they deserve.
The role is to support the daily operations of Greater Manchester Victim Services in accordance with national and local policy and procedure as directed by their line manager or those delegated to by their line manager.
The main purpose of the job is to provide support to the designated line manager and duties designated by the line manager in accordance with Victim Support's National standards and local policies and procedures.
Majority of the time will be spend answering to and responding to calls and incoming requests for information. The aim of the role is to serve as a central administration team to support the wider GM team and act as a central base for the coordination of service delivery.
- Maintain computerised case management database and manual records in accordance with relevant internal and external policies, procedures and legislation
- Responsible for the processing of incoming referrals ensuring all data is complete and triaged to appropriate area
- Receipt of victim self and third-party referrals, recording them on the database accordingly
- Deal with general telephone and reception enquiries, which will include contact with victims
- As appropriate to liaise with other organisations and agencies on behalf of victims
- Provide general administrative support. Tasks may include (but are not limited to):-
- Providing accurate verbal and written information
- Typing of minutes, letters and reports
- Purchasing of office supplies
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteers, including supporting interviews as required
- Assist with raising purchase orders using the Agresso system
- Checking volunteer expense returns and inputting volunteer hours onto the collation spreadsheet
- Assist and supply information and correspondence to internal and external contacts in accordance with required deadlines
- As required, assist operational staff who deliver promotional events to produce course materials and with course management e.g. booking venues
- Assist in raising awareness of Victim Support, provide support to fundraising activity and take part in local fundraising events
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail appropriately
Victim Support offers competitive rewards and benefits including pension and life assurance, 25 days annual leave (pro-rata), voluntary benefits such as season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, and the opportunity to play a key role in a national charity providing world-class services to victims and witnesses and being a vital force for change.
Applications should be explicit enough to provide good evidence against the essential criteria, which are marked in the person specification. In order to apply, please create a profile in our website (jobs section), complete and submit an online application form.
If the vacancy has not specified the essential criteria for shortlisting, please use this section to express how your experience and skills are relevant for the role. If you have the drive to make a difference within an organisation which makes a difference we look forward to hearing from you.
Victim Support are committed to recruiting with care and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and Disclosed Barring Service checks will be required.
Victim Support is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment for our staff. We believe having a diverse workforce at all levels allows us to represent the communities we serve and connect better with people affected by crime. We welcome applicants from all communities and as part of our commitment to the Race at Work Charter we would particularly welcome applicants from BAME communities.