The Victoria Hall CIO charity is looking for a committed and self starting person to grow use of a brand new community building. Your aim will be to enable the facilities to be vibrant and well used so that they serve community groups, businesses and organisations in the area.
The charity is keen to bring on board someone with the vision and personality to create a vital new welcoming and dynamic centre. Harrow is a changing and developing place and these facilities are located at the heart of this.
The role involves the practicalities of running a safe venue and the marketing skills to grow regular users and engage with those who want events and activities well run and accessible to a wide range of people.
You will be delivering the day to day running of the facilities, compliance with procedures, ensuring the safety of users and operating a booking system as well as marketing to a high standard and overseeing caretaking.
The Trustees are looking for a person with skills and experience of:
- Running, practically, a community centre or similar facilities.
- Working with stakeholders across all sectors and building positive relationships for mutual benefit (including fundraising) to communities.
- Growing income in voluntary settings.
- IT skills to keep up to date records including in managing money.
- Being a self starter with attention to detail and used to working under your own initiative.
- Marketing and social media skills to engage the target market.
- Developing a team of volunteers.
In return the right person will receive
Opportunities to take the initiative and launch and grow a wonderful new facility and make this a special place.
Salary range; £27,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
Holiday allocation: 22 days plus bank holidays
The working hours
Working hours: 37 hours per week, to be worked in a flexible pattern to include some evening and weekend working
This is a full time contract for 3 years.