This is an office administrative role supporting the Programme Manager with data tracking, emailing, technical systems and applications based 95% in our office. Experience in a similar role required, with a demonstrated interest in transitioning to an entrepreneurial, intensive support position for a leading state school and employer programme. Please be sure to explain your specific interest in this post and our work a short covering letter.
We are looking for a highly organised, driven self-starter to support our Programme Manager (PM) directly on running and growing our work experience programme.
Our charity’s S4SNextGen work experience programme helps to advertise, select and host state school students for work experience opportunities; filling over 500 placements per year at the UK’s leading firms. This role will help us triple this going forward and see even more state school students benefit from fantastic placements for their future careers.
This is an important role as we seek to expand our scale nationally and improve what we offer for our employers; ensuring we can increase our impact for state school students. This role will offer day to day management of the student application processes within the S4SNextGen portal, basic technical support and chasing as needed with all users (employers, teachers and students). The ideal candidate will be happy to manage progress in spreadsheets, quick to learn new tech, comfortable liaising with programme participants over phone and email, and willing to assist with database support and general administration. This might also include helping to create and improve support for employers taking part in the programme. The successful candidate will also be ambitious and excited to develop this new programme by working closely with the PM.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any candidate interested in joining an exciting and fast-growing charity and seeing first-hand how processes can be used to scale a project and take it from a start-up to a national programme.
The role will be 95% based in the office with occasional visits to work experience placements to meet employers, students and collect collateral.
PLEASE NOTE: The role will be offered on a one-year fixed term contract with an opportunity to review at the end of this period.
- Tracking activity of the online portal and ensuring sufficient supply, demand and quality of applications is managed appropriately.
- Contacting programme stakeholders and participants, largely over phone and email (including mass email).
- Supporting schools, students and employers with their application processes by disseminating relevant information and various mass emails to update them on progress.
- Providing technical support for users on the online portal and recording issues for tech team.
- Database/system support; assisting with ongoing data input and record management within various databases.
- General administrative support for the manager and wider charity as necessary.
Previous Experience & Person Specification
- Experience supporting projects in a professional office environment. Minimum of 2 years experience in a professional office environment required.
- Hyper-organised with experience in administration, data tracking and managing external contacts.
- Confident with navigating/managing technical platforms and an aptitude for quickly learning new tech.
- Driven, flexible, adaptable and able to pick up processes quickly.
- Some stakeholder management experience; confident communicator and comfortable in person, over the phone and/or over email as needed.
- Comfortable and happy working in spreadsheets (excel) ideally with familiarity of using VLookups and pivot tables.
- Familiarity with database and mass communications outlets such as Salesforce/Dotmailer. Experience of HTML ideal but not essential.
- Keen eye for detail with a natural interest in improving and streamlining existing processes with the programme manager.
- Happy to work in a small, busy office and take initiative to support programme manager (you will be one member of a two-person team).
- Drives work forward independently while balancing multiple project strands, not requiring too much oversight.
About Speakers for Schools & S4SNextGen
Speakers for Schools is an education charity that provides state secondary schools with opportunities to access leading figures and their companies to help level the playing field for their future. In addition to their national prestigious school talk programme, the S4SNextGen programme launched in 2017 is an online advertising/application portal and programme to help connect leading organisations with state school students through work experience opportunities.
Phone interviews and interviews will take place from mid-late January at our offices in Farringdon, with the position starting in late January or February. The successful candidate must be able to start no later than February.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications without covering letters will not be sent on to our team; please be sure to explain your specific interest in our charity and this role in a short covering letter
Please do not contact us about recruiting services or as third party recruiters, we are only interested in direct applications.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.