Hours: Part-time – 3 days per week
Reports to: CEO
Responsible for: Occasional volunteers
As the Sophie Hayes Foundation embarks on an exciting phase of growth and development, the Fundraising Manager is a new post and will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of our newly created fundraising strategy. The post-holder will focus on growing our income, in particular from lottery sources, charitable trusts and foundations, and individuals whilst ensuring appropriate stewardship of all these relationships.
This role is
Detailed Role Description
The post-holder will:
- Work closely with the CEO and other relevant staff to implement the new fundraising strategy.
- Establish and manage a rolling programme of approaches to a portfolio of charitable trusts and foundations, and lottery bodies to achieve annual plans and income targets.
- Write bespoke proposals, applications and fundraising materials aimed at charitable trusts and foundations, individuals and companies.
- Research and identify new sources of funding while keeping abreast of the grant giving marketplace and related developments within the sector.
- Develop cultivation and approach plans for new prospects.
- Assist in the development of, and attending, fundraising and cultivation events.
- Ensure the timely and appropriate thanking of donors and manage any subsequent communication and reporting requirements.
- Proactively build donor relationships through all communication mediums to ensure their continued support.
- Liaise with colleagues to publicise successful funding and partnerships in support of wider plans to enhance reputation amongst key audiences and raise awareness of our work.
- Prepare regular fundraising updates for the CEO and Board of Trustees on progress against fundraising strategies and targets.
- Accurately maintain and manage a database of prospects and supporters ensuring compliance with all data protection legislation, regulations and best practice.
- Participate in any training and development activities to maintain own development or to enhance competence within job role.
- Be an ambassador for the Sophie Hayes Foundation, promoting the vision, aims and objectives of charity with all external contacts.
- Manage occasional fundraising volunteers.
- Will be an active member of the Sophie Hayes Foundation core team, including supporting the formation of strategic vision, goals and activities, running team meetings, supporting the CEO on other projects and working with trustees as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or the ability to demonstrate competence through experience
- Demonstrable experience of successful fundraising in the UK charity sector
- Experience of working to, and meeting, fundraising targets
- Experience of proactively researching and engaging current and prospective funders
- Knowledge of best practice in fundraising and of current trends in philanthropy
- Ability to write compelling and persuasive fundraising proposals
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to tailor written and verbal content and style to a range of audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver outcomes to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and databases)
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a key member of a team
- Flexible and proactive approach and attitude
- Enthusiasm and drive to make things happen
- Ability to work occasionally outside of normal office working hours
- Supportive of a small but fast paced team
- Professional fundraising qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of the human trafficking and modern-day slavery sector
- Experience of using social media and digital communication tools for fundraising purposes
- Experience of using e-Tapestry or similar fundraising CRM