Starting Point is an exciting Project that provides mentoring and creates opportunities for young people who face disadvantage. A great opportunity has arisen for an excellent communicator with experience in leading and inspiring a team as they deliver vital support for young people in Reading. We are looking for someone with management experience, skilled in developing local partnerships, strategic in project development and who thrives in establishing and growing effective initiatives that enable transformation in the lives of young people. This role has clear progression opportunities as the project continues to flourish both in Reading and further afield.
The main purpose of the Centre Manager is to manage the Starting Point Reading’s operations in accordance with the project’s values and objectives, and within The Mustard Tree’s ethos and vision. This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours a week (including some out of office hours).
Key tasks expected of a Centre Manager:
- Represent the Charity and its ethos.
- Develop and grow the Starting Point project in Reading.
- Manage the overall day-to-day running. Overseeing the delivery of the specific programmes and directly managing smaller/emerging programmes and initiatives.
- Lead, train and develop the Reading staff team.
- Build relationships with statutory and community partners, including local churches, and increase awareness of the project locally.
- Develop best practise and consistency of the delivery of mentoring and other support.
- Monitoring and reporting the projects impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Secure localised funding and ensure sustainability of the project in Reading.
- Input into the regional strategy and development of Starting Point.
Key responsibilities in which the Centre Manager will be expected to oversee:
- Team Leadership.
- Project Delivery.
- Public Relations & Partnership Building.
- Social Media & Marketing.
- Fundraising & Finance.
- Monitoring & Reporting.
- Direct management of the Action Media Programme.
- General Office Management.
- Manage a direct caseload of Mentees.
- To clearly communicate and demonstrate the values, vision and ethos of the charity (The Mustard Tree) and the project (Starting Point).
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate the values and vision of the project and charity.
- Experience of working with young people aged 11-25 (in a professional or voluntary capacity).
- Experience of managing a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- PC literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Understanding of the needs of young people who face disadvantage.
- Presentation and public speaking experience.
- Knowledge/experience of reviewing project activity & producing monitoring report.
- Experience of fundraising, bid writing, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience of working in either the voluntary, health or social care sector with young people.
- Experience of safeguarding young people.
This is a One-year contract with a view to this extending, depending on funding availability.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter, detailing why you are suitable for the role to the HR team . Applicants without a covering letter will not be considered for the role.
Interviews will be held on 15th, 16th & 17th December 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.