We believe that everyone deserves a chance in life to become who they want to be regardless of their situation, and with the support and guidance from our dedicated team of staff with over two decades of knowledge, we believe we can achieve positive outcomes for all.
AMAT have been ever present in the homeless sector offering supported accommodation to the people in Kent, and we are currently seeking to recruit a dynamic, experienced and dedicated person to join the organisation as a Senior Support Services Manager on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the CEO, the postholder will lead and manage a team of frontline managers and staff to deliver our support service.
The post holder will assist with the development of and actively contribute to AMATs business strategy, as well as having a varied range of responsibilities, including but not limited to: - quality, compliance, financial planning, control and efficiencies within your area. They will manage the support services within AMAT looking at the whole client journey using a person-centred strength-based approach, including safeguarding
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and able to bring new and creative ideas to the table. The ideal candidate must also have excellent IT skills, including good working knowledge of all word packages, and excellent communication skills. Previous experience in a leadership role in the charity and/or supported housing sector, knowledge of support/homeless, strong awareness of safeguarding issues and processes, and previous experience of managing multiple teams is essential to this post
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A motivational management and leadership style, with an inclusion and empowering approach
- You will be emotionally intelligent and have an empathy for the client group
- Experience in fundraising and successful income generation, and producing reports
- Experience of managing a budget
- Experience of managing change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate and develop relationships with service users, staff, and other statutory and non-statutory services
- Experience of managing support services whilst looking at the whole journey, understanding the impact of trauma, and applying a person-centred and strengths-based approach
- Being passionate about homelessness as a cause, and about empowering homeless and vulnerable people to achieve sustainable independence, wellbeing and make positive changes in their live
The role is based in Chatham, however travel to Maidstone will be required on occasion. The hours for this position will generally be 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday, however flexibility with your hours is required, as you may be required to work evenings or weekends if needed (for example to attend bi-monthly board meetings which take place in the evening). Currently, there is also the option for occasional home working in this role due to the pandemic. At AMAT, we are focused on delivering the best service we can to our service users, and operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year service in order to achieve this. As such, you may be required to work bank holidays (including Christmas day and New Year’s Day on a rota basis).
AMAT is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Our attractive benefits package includes:
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising in increments to 33 days
- A contributory workplace pension scheme, in which AMAT will contribute the equivalent of 3% of your pensionable salary
- Comprehensive training package including both in-house classroom and E-Learning courses, which have been tailored to develop the skills and knowledge needed to work at AMAT
- Regular 12 weekly line management supervisions, and development focused annual appraisals
- AMAT’s Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is available to all staff
- Access to an online employee financial wellbeing hub
- Free tea/coffee for all staff
Please read our privacy notice for job applicants before applying for this role, this can be found on our website.
This is a very varied role, and if you are looking for a challenge and want to make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.