This role involves being an integral part of a small global communications team at Fight for Peace, working with colleagues in London, Brazil and Jamaica. With a strong focus on digital content production, social media management and designing communications materials, it is a role designed to support the successful applicant to actively influence and contribute to the creation and delivery of Fight for Peace communications at a local, national and global level, and have a tangible impact on the work we do and the young people we serve.
This role is ideal for someone wishing to learn, develop their skills and take on immediate responsibility, work closely with a diverse, multi-talented team of Fight for Peace members and staff, and play an important part in supporting our mission and impacting the lives of young people.
Please note that this role is part of the Jack Petchey Foundation’s internship scheme for young people. Successful candidates are required to take full part in the Jack Petchey Internship development programme and the mentoring programme which involves access to training, professional development workshops and guidance opportunities alongside a network of peers undertaking other internships across a variety of youth organisations.
ABOUT FIGHT FOR PEACE
Fight for Peace is an international organisation that supports young people to reach their full potential and promotes peace in our communities.
At Fight for Peace we believe that for any young person to thrive they need access to opportunities, support and a safe environment. In the communities where we work, young people often lack access to these basic rights and this can act as a barrier to their development. High levels of violence in these communities disproportionately affects young people and further exacerbates this problem. Recognising young people as agents-of-change, our work is aimed at addressing these challenges.
We do this by directly supporting young people in our Academies in London and Rio de Janeiro, by training, and exchanging skills, knowledge and support with member organisations in the Fight for Peace Alliance, and by bringing together a range of actors, services and organisations in support of young people across communities via our Collectives.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital & Content
- Leading on the management and content production for Fight for Peace’s social media channels, with support from the Communications Lead.
- Working alongside the Communications Lead to assist on the creation and implementation of Fight for Peace’s social media strategy.
- Researching and writing articles for the Fight for Peace website.
- Assisting on the production and distribution of the Fight for Peace newsletter.
- Producing in house communications materials such as posters and presentations using design software.
- Working with external suppliers to create communications and marketing materials.
Ensuring that our brand and visual look and feel remains consistent and impactful, and aligns with our values as an organisation.
Assisting on gathering and disseminating information through internal channels to ensure that the Fight for Peace staff team is aware of updates, news and events.
- Liaising with media representatives to coordinate articles, appearances and events featuring the work of Fight for Peace.
- Monitoring and archiving of Fight for Peace’s appearances in digital and print media.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven digital skills and experience in social media content creation - including video production and editing
- Strong interest in and understanding of the digital media landscape, particularly within social media
- Dedicated, willing to learn and committed to high professional standards
- Organised with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and be reactive and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent attention to detail and a hunger to learn
- Experience in writing, research and copy editing
- Experience working in a communications environment
- Knowledge of design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Canva
- A passion for social justice and supporting young people to reach their full potential
- Knowledge of the local area of Newham and young people’s experiences living in the borough
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4. Please explain how your skills and experience relate to the advertised role and why you are passionate about working with Fight for Peace to support young people reach their full potential.
Please also submit a CV that includes your contact details, details of all qualifications you hold, your experience and employment history, and contact details for two referees.
Deadline for applications: 10pm 28th March 2021
(Interviews to take place week of 29th March)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.