This new role is an opportunity for a talented Business Development professional to help acquire new partnerships for Villiers Park in the higher education and corporate sectors. The post-holder will also get the opportunity to input into the development of a sustainable business model utilising the organisation’s high calibre outreach and delivery models and expertise.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Deliver an agreed financial target in support of Villiers Park Educational Trust’s aims by securing new partnerships and maintaining existing contracts:
- Manage and grow our higher education partnerships across the UK (including with coalition funding groups such as NCOPs). Secure support for our core programmes and create bespoke partnerships where appropriate
- Identify and cultivate new corporate partnerships, working closely with the programmes and data team to create packages that benefit our students and contribute to improving diversity in corporate recruitment
- Create and deliver pitches and presentations of the highest quality to prospective partners, working in an agile framework to draw the expertise required from across the organisation
- Manage HE, NCOP, OA and corporate relationships to the highest standard, ensuring that the terms of all partnership agreements are met in a timely fashion.
- Assist the Director of Development to develop and drive forward a business strategy focusing on diversifying our income
- Maintain accurate prospect, donor and donation records using our Donor Strategy database and manage efficient systems for sharing information
- Other duties as may reasonably be required to fulfil the role
You might be an experienced fundraiser within the third sector or worked in community development for several years with strong skills in developing partnerships. Equally, you may be an experienced sales or business development professional looking to use your talent to make an impact for disadvantaged young people across the UK. Wherever your experience is from - charity or private sector – we are looking for the right person. Experience and skills are important to us, but mostly we want someone who is motivated by their passion to help change the lives of young people.
- At least three years’ experience in sales/new business/fundraising
- Evidence of securing meetings and winning partners at a high level
- A holistic approach to developing partnerships, utilising skills from across the organisation and building proposals that meet the partner’s KPIs whilst keeping the benefits to our students at the forefront
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including delivering presentations and compiling partnership agreements
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- High degree of computer literacy, including systems management and research skills (to identify/profile prospective donors)
- Confidence to meet with senior corporate figures and speak to them about our work
- Current driving licence and willingness to travel across England for meetings and events.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the Higher Education access and outreach landscape
- Knowledge of government initiatives and policies surrounding education and social mobility, particularly NCOPs and Opportunity Areas.
- Understanding of current educational issues
- Further professional qualification or evidence of relevant CPD
As we work with young people, please note that the successful candidate must provide an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure prior to their appointment (we will arrange this).