Villiers Park Educational Trust (Villiers Park) is looking for a Director of Fundraising to join our innovative team.This pivotal role will provide strategic insight into how and what fundraising looks like at Villiers Park. The Director of Fundraising will work closely with the CEO to develop the fundraising strategy and lead all fundraising activity to generate sufficient income to enable Villiers Park to achieve its sustainable growth strategy and materially impact social disadvantage for young people and children in the UK. The Director of Fundraising will develop and execute the fundraising strategy with the CEO to build a robust pipeline of income across a diversified portfolio of both new and substantial repeat income. This post holder will work in partnership with the CEO, as an integral member of the Senior Leadership Team, to grow, lead and develop Villiers Park and be the role model to enable the Fundraising team to flourish.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the UK fundraising landscape, governance, and legal requirements. They will also be a successful senior executive with evidence of achieving challenging financial targets; leading and developing Philanthropy and Partnership teams; and embedding efficient systems and processes. The successful candidate will also be a leader who shares the values and purpose of Villiers Park and who is ambitious to transform the organisation for greater impact. They will also be a naturally dynamic and motivational personality who is energised at the opportunity to raise annual income of more than £1.5 million, share insights then go further.
As part of the Villiers Park senior leadership team this role has a key part to play in supporting the charity to achieve ambitious growth to meet its strategic objectives by ensuring targets are developed and met for funding.
The Director of Fundraising will contribute to the organisation’s strategy, goals, and plans, as well as drive both evolutionary and transformational change. Developing, implementing, and monitoring the fundraising strategy will be critical. The post holder will provide a creative and dynamic external focus to identify and develop a range of income generation initiatives beyond the scope of existing fundraising activity. Building and utilising networks, developing long term relationships with high-net-worth individuals, and forging new business opportunities will be integral to the role. The role will be accountable for the span of income generation within the charity and will ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach across the range of stakeholders. It will provide leadership around funding, making sure this is located within the strategic framework and day to day thinking of Villiers Park.
Leading by example the post holder will ensure an excellent donor experience and oversee the co-ordination of donor development plans across all elements of funding.
- Lead and deliver the Fundraising Strategy for Villiers Park, managing expenditure and ensuring sustainability of services.
- Working with the team, ensure a robust strategy is in place which delivers against the budget, providing stretching but achievable targets.
- Ensure all activities are aligned to the overall strategic direction of Villiers Park
- Ensure all supporters have a clear stewardship plan which maximises their engagement with Villiers Park.
- Ensure a robust programme of Grant and Trusts submissions and reporting, to show growth in the income generated from these sources.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a case for support and proposition for the corporate audience
- Oversee the use of the CRM to record donors to ensure compliance and efficient usage
- Periodically review the effectiveness of the directorate and implement change to maximise potential income.
- Provide strategic leadership to drive innovation across Villiers Park exploring new income streams with the aim of securing long term sustainability of income, testing new concepts, and assessing commercial viability.
- Effectively manage the team to maximise the motivation, skills, development, and performance of team members.
- Ensure that all staff are appraised annually and developed in accordance with the department’s strategic objectives.
- Support team members in dealing with the challenges of home working, ensuring there are informal as well as formal touchpoints Governance
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a manner which meets statutory and regulatory requirements and our ethical and sustainability policies.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures relevant to the Fundraising Team.
- Ensure all risks are identified, communicated, and managed.
Senior Leadership duties
- Serve as a fully active member of the Villiers Park Senior Leadership Team, supporting the CEO in delivering the organisational strategic objectives.
- Increase understanding and awareness across Villiers Park regarding income generating activities, encouraging all staff and supporters to make an active contribution towards income generation and promotion of the Trust
- Produce reports, investment proposals, presentations, and associated documents for internal and external audiences, including Trustees.
- Manage external stakeholders, attend events, and give presentations to drive awareness and support for Villiers Park.
- Ensure Villiers Park commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded in all areas of responsibility.
- Act as a champion for equality, diversity and inclusion, challenging poor, or inappropriate practice in all areas of Villiers Park delivery of service. This is not restricted to the Fundraising team.
- Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team, develop, maintain, monitor, and report on financial performance, budgets, and forecasts and KPIs.
- Encourage teams to embrace business intelligence and feedback to drive improvements.
- Ensure all income generation activities are fully integrated across Villiers Park, recognising the importance of inter-departmental relationships.
PERSON SPECIFIC - Required knowledge, skills, and experience Education / Qualifications
- Graduate level academic or professional management qualification or evidence of equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuing personal and professional development Knowledge/Experience
- Extensive proven Senior Management experience in a charity environment
- Proven ability to generate significant income in two or more of the following areas – major donors trusts, corporates, and universities
- Experience of fundraising strategy development
- Experience of developing powerful cases for support
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop high performing teams.
- Senior experience of managing budgets
- Experience of producing reports and persuasive investment cases or funding proposals.
- Evidence of building strong internal and external relationships. Skills/personal attributes
- Excellent communicator.
- Excellent networker.
- Team player, willing to support wider Villiers Park operational requirements.
- Committed to the work of Villiers Park and driven to support service development.
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills.
- Able to be creative and identify income or business development opportunities.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle for work (Desirable)
As we work with young people, the successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS criminal record disclosure which the Trust will arrange.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.