To generate income from a portfolio of existing and potential donors to support current and future Trust programmes. Financial targets will be set by the Director of Development.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Deliver an agreed financial target in support of Villiers Park Educational Trust’s aims by renewing gifts from existing donors and generating pledges and income from new donors:
- Manage and grow trusts/foundations and major donor income by cultivating an existing portfolio of donors and through regular liaison to secure renewal donations
- Cultivate new trusts/foundations and major donor prospects (assisted by prospect research from the Development Officer), to build and increase our portfolio of funders. Write and submit compelling, targeted and costed bids to meet the charity’s objectives, creating supporting materials to accompany proposals as needed
- Ensure that donors whose relationships you manage are stewarded in an exemplary fashion, receiving timely and evidence based reports about the projects and activities they are supporting and maintaining regular contact via telephone, email, meetings and events as appropriate
- Assist the Director of Development with other fundraising activities as required
- Work closely with our programmes and data team to compile and share evidence of impact to supporters.
- Ensure processes are in place to keep records, monitor progress and produce reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain accurate prospect, donor and donation records using our Donor Strategy database and manage efficient systems for sharing information
- Other duties as may reasonably be required to fulfil the role
The successful candidate will be able to juggle multiple tasks, be detail orientated, show good initiative, be willing to travel and be confident and committed to raising money for our charity. S/he will be comfortable actively fundraising in asking explicitly for gifts when necessary. A strong belief in the importance of social mobility is vital.
- At least three years’ experience in trusts & foundations and/or major donor fundraising
- Evidence of securing and stewarding 5 & 6 figure gifts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including drafting proposals and delivering presentations
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- High degree of computer literacy, including systems management and research skills (to identify/profile prospective donors)
- Confidence to meet with senior figures and HNWI and speak to them about our work
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Experience organising donor cultivation and solicitation events
- Understanding of current educational issues
- Familiarity with using social media to boost public awareness of a cause
- Fundraising qualification or evidence of relevant CPD
As we work with young people, please note that the successful candidate must provide an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure prior to their appointment (we will arrange this).