We view diversity as fundamental to our success. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities, and particularly encourage applications from minority groups.
Our vision is a world in which everyone can realise their potential and lead society into a healthy, equitable future.
We are always working to make the biggest possible difference. We use evidence to continuously enhance what we do and how we do it to meet the needs of the young people we serve. We provide coaching, skills and knowledge workshops and support young person lead projects. We share our significant experience and expertise to support other organistions to develop their own approaches to evidence based practice, and we work to inform policy changes that address barriers to social justice in education. We do this to ensure all young people have equitable opportunities to succeed.
The young people we work with develop curiosity, tenacity and creativity, helping them grow a deep understanding of who they want to be, and how they will make this a reality - now and in their futures.
Villiers Park Educational Trust (Villiers Park) is looking for a Trust Fundraising Manager to join our innovative team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and implementing the Trust Fundraising strategy and generate income from a portfolio of existing and new trust donors to support our current programmes and strategic growth. The postholder will make use of their existing knowledge of the fundraising landscape and research to identify new credible leads and continue to grow our portfolio of supporters. The successful applicant will work to financial targets set by the Director of Fundraising. The post may have line management responsibilities in the future.
The post holder will work closely with staff across the organisation in both programme delivery and external affairs, ensuring that everything we do is aligned to our strategic priorities and all activity supports the success of the whole organisation
- Deliver an agreed financial target in support of Villiers Park Educational Trust’s aims by renewing gifts from existing donors and generating pledges and income from new donors:
- Manage and grow trusts/foundations income by cultivating an existing portfolio of donors and through regular liaison to secure renewal donations.
- Cultivate new trusts/foundations and prospects to build and increase our portfolio of funders. Write and submit compelling, targeted and costed bids to meet the charity’s objectives, creating supporting materials to accompany proposals as needed.
- Ensure that donors whose relationships you manage are stewarded in an exemplary fashion, receiving timely and evidence based reports about the projects and activities they are supporting and maintaining regular contact via telephone, email, meetings and events as appropriate.
- Assist the Director of Fundraising with other fundraising activities as required.
- Support the CEO and other members of the executive and senior leadership team to meet with potential and current funders to secure future funding.
- Occasionally supporting Board members to meet with potential and current funders to secure future funding.
- Work closely with our programmes and external affairs teams to compile and share evidence of impact to supporters.
- Ensure processes are in place and maintained to keep records, monitor progress and produce reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate prospect, donor and donation records using our CRM system (Salesforce) and manage efficient systems for sharing information.
- Other duties may be required to fulfil this role.
- Some travel may be necessary.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, individual with exemplary relationship management skills and the ability to identify opportunities and achieve funding through excellent bid writing and networking. A strong belief in the importance of social mobility is vital.
- At least three years’ experience in trusts & foundations.
- Evidence of securing and stewarding 5 & 6 figure gifts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including drafting proposals, delivering presentations and facilitating solutions focused discussions with potential funders.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Confidence to meet with senior figures and speak to them about our work.
- Chartered Institute of Fundraising Diploma/Certificate.
- Experience of working within the social mobility sector.
- Understanding of current educational issues and social mobility.
We welcome flexible working and are open to the role being full or part-time.
As we work with young people, the successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS criminal record disclosure which Villiers Park will arrange.