A bit about us
The Vision Foundation believes passionately that people living with sight loss should have the same opportunities as anyone else. We strive to ensure London is a city that works for everyone and that avoidable sight loss is prevented.
Step by step, we are proving that things can be different. Together, we can save sight and change lives. But we are under no illusion that our task will ever be easy.
The Vision Foundation is a sector leader in London standing up for the rights and freedoms of people living with sight loss. The charity funds organisations providing front-line projects and services across the capital, and works collaboratively through researching, building capacity, funding and investing and advocacy. We’ve been going for a hundred years but following a cultural and organisational re-shaping, including changing our name and branding, we have the energy and drive of a start-up.
Reports to: Deputy Director of Fundraising
Direct reports: Community Fundraiser and Collector, and volunteers recruited
Working hours and contract: Full time and permanent.
Location: One day based at the Vision Foundation’s central London HQ, the rest will be on location in North and North-West London. This role would suit someone based in the North London area.
Requirements: Full driving licence and own car required, expenses for parking and mileage to be paid monthly in arrears. A DBS check will be undertaken for successful candidates.
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 per annum, dependant on experience
The Senior Community Fundraiser and Collector will have the drive and experience to be part of a high performing team that is committed to bringing about social change for people living with and facing sight loss in the capital.
You will build on the existing links within local communities to increase awareness and fundraising activities.
Static Media Collections
- To collect monies raised through collection tins in local businesses to defined targets in the North London area
- To maintain relationships with existing site owners and steward them to ensure their continued partnership with the Vision Foundation
- Secure new and profitable sites for collection tins and respond to callouts in a timely fashion
- Use the digital mapping programmes to predict areas of high income to strategically target areas
- Keep the database updated with notes on sites and opportunities available
- Deliver collected funds to the London office on an agreed schedule
- Together with the Community Fundraiser and Collector, to lead the preparations for counting by a third party
- Prepare postal and emailed receipts for sites
- Ensure consumable items are re-ordered and in supply
- To ensure fundraising is carried out safely, legally and complies with fundraising best practice. In addition, supporting collection tin hosts to understand their legal obligations and identifying and reporting fraud.
- Working with the Deputy Director of Fundraising, develop and implement a volunteer strategy for the Collections Team.
- Actively recruit volunteers and volunteer groups to assist the collectors with static media management
- Provide training for volunteers in Vision Foundation practices for collections and box placement
- Manage volunteers site allocation and ensuring they have sufficient supplies to support this
- Provide ongoing stewardship for volunteers
- Identify and engage small businesses and other groups – with the aim of securing long-term charity partnerships
- Identify Community Matters and similar schemes in the areas we cover
- Identify and follow up opportunities to secure non-cash or in-kind support, e.g. volunteering, pro bono support, stock donations etc
- To be an ambassador for the charity, supporting the delivery of Vision Foundation’s vision and ensuring that the charity’s profile and reputation are enhanced
- Provide day to day line management of the Community Fundraiser and Collector, supporting with setting targets, developing fundraising offers and conducting annual appraisals
- The role description is a general outline of duties and responsibilities and may be amended as the Vision Foundation develops and the role grows. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time. We will consider reasonable adjustments.
- Experience of working in a charity or sales environment
- Experience of managing and recruiting volunteers
- Experience of building relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Competent level IT skills
Knowledge and skills
- An understanding of and commitment to London’s visually impaired community
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- An excellent communicator, able to present information clearly in oral and written form, and to inspire and enthuse others
- Excellent organisation and planning skills, including record keeping
- Ability to manage a wide range of projects, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail; capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Ability to adopt a flexible and creative approach in response to new challenges
- Understanding of and commitment to fundraising legislation and codes of best practice
We would appreciate it if you could fill in our Equality and Diversity Monitoring form when applying for our roles. These answers are anonymous and will not affect your application - a form link can be found at the bottom of the attached Senior Community Fundraiser and Collector JD.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.