WHO WE ARE
Viva! is one of Europe’s largest vegan organisations. Since 1994, Viva! has worked tirelessly to create a kinder world for animals, through exposing the truth about animal farming practices, and promoting the joys and health benefits of a more compassionate vegan lifestyle. Through our undercover investigations, we show people first-hand how animals are suffering in appalling conditions, as well as providing information on how consuming animals is one of the biggest causes of environmental destruction. And with our extensive culinary and nutritional resources, Viva! is well equipped with all the information the public needs to make the change, and leave animals off their plates for good!
PR & Marketing Manager
The PR & Marketing Manager is responsible for creating engaging and relevant content across print and digital platforms, liaising with the web, press and social media teams. They will pursue new promotional opportunities and ensure our resources, campaigns and other activities are promoted through external communications channels. They will create innovative copy and design, including blogs, letter to editors and press releases, and devise spectacular marketing campaigns. The PR & Marketing Manager will be responsible for liaising with colleagues across Viva! to promote the diverse areas of our work – ultimately to reach new audiences, inspire involvement with Viva!, encourage donations and help people on their journey towards veganism.
Reports to: Head of Communications
Contract: 12 months – with a view to being made permanent. Full time. This is based at the Bristol HQ.
Salary: £26 – £32k (dependent on experience)
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 4pm on Monday 30 November 2020.
Interviews will take place in Bristol the week commencing 7 December 2020.
How to apply
To apply please email your CV and covering letter of no more than two A4 pages outlining how your experience is appropriate for this role and why you want to work for Viva!. Your CV must contain two referees, including your current (or most recent) employer who will only be contacted if you are offered the job, and your current (or most recent) salary.
- Excellent copy writing and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful blog post to using effective storytelling techniques
- Good understanding of a range of digital platforms, particularly in relation to the non-profit sector and the vegan community
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret digital insights to improve content and strategy
- Experience in building and executing digital media strategy through competitive and audience research
- Passion for keeping up to speed with charity communications trends
- Flair for creating engaging graphics, newsletters, blogs and videos
- Strong team player
- Highly organised and adept at working to tight deadlines
- Creating compelling and accurate written content, including blogs, letter to editors, press releases and email newsletters
- Proactively seek means of raising our profile utilising the wide range of key staff, celebrities and stakeholders
- Lead, develop, establish strategic partnerships and collaboration, offering a wide range of promotion and support
- Liaise with, and act as the link between, the retail team, communications team and external businesses by maintaining regular contact with both
- Designing engaging content across print and digital platforms to build meaningful connections and encourage community members to take action
- Contribute to social media, campaigns, PR and other communications initiatives.
- Working with the web, press and social media teams to implement marketing campaigns within brand guidelines and to budget
- Create videos and graphics in collaboration with other Viva! departments to maximise overall exposure for Viva! through digital channels
- Implementing advertising campaigns, whether through social media, radio, billboards and print advertising
- Coordinate and organise Viva!’s digital asset library, keeping record of copyright permissions and creating evergreen content libraries
- Build and maintain relationships with celebrities, influencers, vegan businesses and agencies, including coordinating giveaways and shout-outs
- Stay informed of upcoming trends and developments to develop new and creative growth strategies, applying best practice to PR & marketing
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end user experience across multiple channels
- Research and test conversion points (getting supporters and potential supporters to interact with us e.g. to donate, join, take part in an action etc.)
- Supply copy and content for the supporter magazine and podcast as a required
- Assisting the communications team as needed