Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Voice 21 works to ensure that children, regardless of their background, are enabled to find their voice for success in school and in life through empowering teachers and schools to provide oracy education. Over the last year, Voice 21 has grown from operating in a single school in London to a national organisation, providing high quality professional development programmes to over 1500 teachers and partnering with 500 schools from Plymouth to Dundee.
This newly created role is an exciting opportunity to build on our success to date, driving new business and making the most of national and regional opportunities to ensure that we are fulfilling our vision and mission. You will help to raise the profile of the organisation - our brand and work - and develop and capitalise on new income streams with funders and stakeholders.
Working closely with Voice 21’s Director of External Relations & Partnerships and Director of Programmes & Operations, you will be responsible for leading the implementation of a business development strategy to expand our reach, impact and revenue streams. This role can be based in either our London HQ or Leeds and will require national travel and occasional weekend working to attend events.
Through your entrepreneurial approach, you will use your initiative to identify, generate and manage new opportunities and partnerships as well as overseeing a portfolio of existing relationships. It is critical that you can build strong relationships to engage internal and external stakeholders. As an excellent communicator, you will lead compelling conversations and develop persuasive proposals that lead to tangible and sustainable outcomes. With your strong commitment to our mission and values, you will relish the challenge of enabling Voice 21 to reach more schools and teachers in order to improve outcomes for children and young people across the UK.
● Refining and implementing Voice 21’s business development strategy and managing the new business process.
● Leading on targeting and recruiting schools and school groupings in line with the business development strategy.
● Establishing and sustaining collaborative relationships with MATs, LAs, education networks and organisations to increase Voice 21’s reach and impact developing new approaches and initiatives and cascading opportunities to Voice 21’s Project Manager and Programme Leads.
● Driving a culture of business development across the organisation, ensuring that all our activities, communications and ambition are integrated with our business plan.
● Supporting the development and implementation of the fundraising strategy, delivering growth in diversified and sustainable income generating activities through leading tender responses, funding bids and the production of proposals.
● Working with the Communications Manager to create compelling marketing and sales materials that effectively communicate Voice 21's impact, approach and the opportunities for engagement to teachers, schools and potential partners.
● Working with the Director of External Relations & Partnerships and Communications Manager to identify and be present at events which help the delivery of our business development strategy.
● Exploiting our CRM system (Salesforce) to maximise business development and retention.
● Monitoring performance against budgets, targets and KPIs to continually improve the effectiveness of our work.
● Managing BD/Fundraising Officer (role predicted to be recruited in 2019/20).
● Experience of implementing a sector-specific strategy to generate new business.
● Experience in fundraising (grants/corporate support).
● Exceptional communication skills with proven success in proposal writing and pitching.
● Experience of project planning and managing successful partnerships with organisations such as schools, Local Authorities, MATS, funders and strategic partners.
● Strong written and verbal communication with great attention to detail.
● Knowledge and understanding of the UK education system.
● Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management (ideally Salesforce).
● Experience of the Not for Profit / Charity Sector.
You'll love this job if...
● You have the heart of an educationalist and the mind of an entrepreneur with the hunger to turn compelling conversations into tangible outcomes.
● You aren’t afraid (and relish the opportunity) to knock on doors to find customers, commissioners, funders and supporters.
● You are motivated by making things happen and seeing results.
● You can handle a long and varied to do list and are adept at balancing short-term demands with longer-term goals.
● You value autonomy and the chance to initiate and shape opportunities and partnerships.
● You enjoy being organised and seeing a plan through to the end.
● You like working in a small team with energetic, fun and dedicated people.
● You believe that education has the power to change lives and want to be part of changing education.
Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role (including your current or most recent salary) by 12 noon on Monday 3 June.
In-person interviews will take place in London 10 - 12 June, with telephone interviews likely the week before.