Context and background
Voyage is a social justice charity that aims to EMPOWER marginalised black young people and provide them with the self-awareness and motivation to TRANSFORM themselves and their communities. The mission of Voyage is to encourage and assist young people bridge the gap between their schools, communities and criminal justice system whilst supporting young people to SUSTAIN successful partnerships and meaningful relationships.
We are seeking a Fundraiser and Events manager to join us at a unique time in our organisation’s history. Previously funded by statutory, Trusts, Foundations and corporate supporters, we are looking to grow our work by maximising newfound relationships with a growing list of commercial and corporate partners. This includes developing opportunities for our corporate partners to engage with our young people, as well as deepening contributions to our fundraising campaigns, activities and events.
What we are looking for
Voyage seeks an experienced and organised Fundraising and Events manager with the skills to set up, embed and operate a dedicated CRM system, shape our communication strategies and help us to devise an annual framework of activities and events. We are seeking someone with excellent client relationship skills and methods to improve our sustainability. Your role will also include event planning and management, with one large fundraising event annually supplemented by smaller fundraising activities and opportunities for our supporters. The post holder will also assist the senior management team to structure funding proposals to support our engagement with corporates and contribute to our wider fundraising and income generation strategies.
The post holder will be the first point of call for fundraising enquiries and be part of the senior management team to ensure donor requirements and needs are relayed to the operational team. Voyage wishes to offer an excellent experience to all our supporters and this role will be integral to making sure we are best placed to support our event participants through their fundraising and training journey.
Below is a list of main duties:
- Engaging with our network of commercial and corporate companies, trusts and individuals to secure funding and CSR involvement.
- Taking a lead organising and developing fundraising activities and in-house events.
- Overseeing the implementation of our customer relationship management system to ensure effective communication and segmentation of our audiences.
- Ensuring all our newsletters, promotional materials and website are functioning and are issued to maximise engagement and ROI.
- Supporting a small team of volunteers and young people who will be part of your appointed team to help implement key events and activities
- Lead on planning donation campaigns and events.
- Managing communications and events for donors.
- Developing new and innovative ways to acquire funding – through events, online advertising or legacy-giving campaigns.
In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description, our Fundraising and Events manager will also need to:
· Follow all health and safety and fire regulations and to co-operate with the Charity in maintaining good standards of health and safety.
· Uphold ethical and professional standards and not behave in a manner that is likely to bring the Charity into disrepute.
· Promote and sustain a responsible attitude towards equal opportunities and diversity within the Charity.
· Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing registration requirements or any national professional or occupational standards associated with the role.
· Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning and development and to participate in any training relevant to the role.
Voyage is committed to encouraging volunteering throughout the organisation and as such the postholder will be expected to support and respect volunteers, interns and Youth Advisory Board members.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.