Key purpose of post
Reporting to the Engagement Co-coordinator, you will develop and deliver a range of projects and activities to involve and promote the participation of the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) and wider communities in a range of engagement activities, some linked to local NHS priorities and Engagement Strategy.
You will act as the point of contact for VAC in Kirklees and work closely with the NHS, CCG Engagement Team.
You will also actively promote the recruitment of community based assets, train the assets to qualify as Community Voices and co-ordinate a range of engagement activity/projects (working with the team), in partnership with Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield CCGs.
1. Work in partnership with Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Groups to promote, develop and deliver the community asset based approach.
2. Continuously work to improve and streamline processes and focus activity through individual and team level work-plans to meet contractual outcomes.
3. Co-ordinate and facilitate a programme of engagement training and support for VCS organisations to actively participate in engagement activity including engaging/involving priority groups as identified by funders including those with protected characteristics.
4. Develop positive relationships and work with a range of cross sector partners in the promotion, development and delivery of VAC’s engagement work.
5. Establish and facilitate community asset network meetings in partnership with the Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield CCGs.
6. Support the development and co-ordination of a comprehensive ‘approved providers list’ and database for engagement and completion of relevant administrative tasks including record keeping and monitoring of activities and impact.
7. Represent VAC and report on our engagement work at relevant internal and external forums and meetings, including taking responsibility for the development and presentation of monitoring and progress reports to timescales in line with contractual requirements.
8. Contribute to income generation activities to further develop the work of VAC
through the development, delivery and management of a range of associated/ wider engagement projects as agreed with line manager and funders.
9. Lead on bespoke developments and implementation of new initiatives and carry out any other duties as required to develop the aims of VAC.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.