We’re looking for a Research and Business Development Manager who will establish a new business development relationship with public sector partners. This will be done using an ‘invest to save’ service model and on the basis of an equal partner relationship for service delivery, already endorsed by local public sector leaders.
The aim of this post is to improve outcomes for residents of all ages through increased engagement of the Harrow Voluntary & Community Sector (VCS) and the Harrow Integrated Care Partnership (ICP).
- ICP workstreams observe the VCS more effectively embedded into referral pathways via better system collaboration.
- Public sector partners report benefits of amplified communications with VCS and citizens engaged via VCS organisations.
- Case examples of VCS addressing barriers to access for most at risk citizens via new engagement strategies
- Case examples of VCS delivering more early interventions via new integrated working.
- Create and oversee a transparent process to select two VCS representatives to work with the Senior Responsible Officers (SRO’s) for each of the ICP workstreams.
- Train and mentor VCS representatives as required to be effective in advocating and influencing change.
- Provide support to the VCS representatives to engage with the wider VCS sector to incorporate their views and expertise in the ICP workstreams.
- Facilitate ways for VCS organisations to empower Harrow citizens to co-produce service development.
- Collaborate with SRO’s and VCS partners to develop business cases for VCS to contribute both improved patients outcomes but also through an ‘invest to save’ model for system financial sustainability.
- Maintain good market intelligence and networks such that VCS partners obtain timely notice of any bidding and tendering opportunities.
- Collate best practice to evidence how prevention can improve patient outcomes and reduce health & social care costs
- Work with VCS partners to co-ordinate and support the production of clear impact and cost benefit modelling.
- Provide management and oversight for the completion of bids in accordance with the governance processes of each partner to ensure submitted to a high standard and to deadlines.
- Lead and / or support selected bidding opportunities undertaking the research and completion of expressions of interests (EoI), pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ), invitation to tenders (ITT) and proposals as required.
- Work with VCS organisations to ensure they meet NHS contractual regulatory requirements and are able to collect monitoring data in line with the NHS requirements.
- Advocate for co-production and alliance contracting models of VCS commissioning and business development.
Communications & Engagement
- Create a programme of communication, education and engagement with NHS, Council and VCS colleagues so that there is increased mutual understanding, cooperation and collaboration.
- Promote existing channels for public sector professionals to access user-friendly information about VCS services and develop new solutions as needed.
- Establish, manage and report to a steering group made up of VCS, NHS and Council staff.
- Develop an annual workplan and project management tools to track progress for reporting.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation system to capture evidence against outcome measures and to enable shared learning.
- Use the above to create a business case for continuation of this programme.
- Experience of developing and implementing business cases.
- Experience of working with VCS partnerships to co-ordinate funding applications, contracts or business cases.
- Experience of training or mentoring
- Experience of engagement with senior public sector managers and their governance structures to influence service/policy change
- Experience of working within NHS commissioning and procurement frameworks
- Track record in writing successful EoI, PQQs and ITT’s
- Experience in research and establish evidential links to support proposals, with the ability to quickly sift and analyse data.
- Experience of writing effective marketing communications.
- Excellent computer skills (including Google’s Online Software) and digital working skills (eg Zoom, MS Teams)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with and ability to simplify complex information
- Ability to develop strategic partnerships built on mutual understanding, transparency and trust
- Analytical skills and attention to detail, producing appropriate, accurate, high quality written work within often challenging word limits and bid deadlines
- Ability to work in partnerships and to extract accurate, high quality information from all partners in order to produce compelling and competitive bid/proposition content
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritise competing demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working with a small team
- Proactive and able to self-manage
This job role can be requested in large print.
Please email both:
- a Cover Letter explaining how you meet the Key Responsibilities.
- a CV which outlines your career, ideally related to the role.
If these documents are not received we will not be able to progress with your application.
We will not chase you for any of these documents.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.