Employment: Full-Time (Job-share Available)
Location: The Lodge, 64 Pinner Road, Harrow, HA1 4HZ
Hours: 35 hours per week
We’re looking for a fundraising or sales professional who can champion the development of a local giving scheme.
Harrow Giving is a fairly new local giving initiative co-ordinated by Voluntary Action Harrow Co-operative. We have successfully secured funding from the City Bridge Trust for a three year project to develop Harrow Giving. There is the possibility of extension of the role, subject to funding. Harrow Giving’s purpose is to bring in resources and then share them with the local voluntary and community sector. The target is for at least £150k worth of resources to be raised in the three years. We envisage this to primarily come from donors, corporate, or grant funding, however the programme is not limited to: in-kind support, match funding, high skilled volunteering, and corporate volunteering.
You will be responsible for setting, leading and advancing the development of Harrow Giving. It is currently a very young brand, you will have full control in it’s direction and way forward. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate, proactive, self-motivated, strategic, bright, and hard-working.
- Collate secondary and primary research of local stakeholders
- Exploration of different local giving models
- Establishing and co-ordinate a steering group of local organisations
- Develop and implement a sustainability plan
- Communicate, promote, and develop the Harrow Giving brand
- Be an active member of the London’s Giving Network
- Establish and conduct monitoring and evaluation through internal processes, as well as through the London’s Giving Metrics.
Generating income and resources
- Identify and develop new relationships with corporate supporters, fundraising groups, grant funders, and/or high potential individuals
- Promote and support existing fundraising initiatives such as Harrow Lottery
- Strategically build and maintain relationships with donors
- Develop ways to harness time, talent and money among businesses
Distribution / Grant Management
- Work with the steering group and stakeholders to set out the grant priorities.
- Work with the steering group and stakeholders to allocate funds in a fair and transparent manner in line with grant priorities.
- Co-ordinate the awarding and monitoring of funding distributed through Harrow Giving.
- Fundraise or seek sponsorship for a permanent post.
- Experience of developing and managing fundraising programmes
- Experience of a broad range of fundraising, sales and income generation
- Experience of marketing and communications
- Experience of working with different agencies and sectors (i.e. businesses, statutory, voluntary)
- Excellent computer skills (including Google’s Online Software)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good practice standards in volunteer involvement
- Interest, understanding and experience in not-for-profit sector
- Interest, understanding and experience in co-operatives
- Enjoys working with a small team
- Proactive and able to self-manage
- Experience of managing a project including monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of managing a grant programme
- Experience of managing events
- Experience of donor stewardship
- Local knowledge of Harrow
Voluntary Action Harrow Co-operative aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
This role description can be requested in large print.
Please submit both:
- a Cover Letter explaining how you meet the Key Responsibilities and Personal Specification
- a CV which outlines your career, ideally related to the role.
If these documents are not received we will not be able to progress with your application.
We will not chase you for any of these documents.
6th January 2020
Interviews will commence on the week of 13th January 2020.