Voluntary Action Islington (VAI) is the main provider of support to Islington’s thriving and diverse voluntary sector and promotes community action through volunteering in the Borough.
VAI works with over 500 voluntary organisations based or working in Islington. We provide information, advice, assistance and training for the staff, volunteers and trustees of local charities and represent the interests of the voluntary sector to our partners in the statutory and private sectors.
In addition we also run the local Volunteer Centre, providing support for and brokerage between local people and voluntary organisations seeking volunteers.
Our King’s Cross base is a voluntary sector hub providing serviced workspaces, conferencing, training and meeting facilities – and is the location of Islington Volunteer Centre.
VAI is seeking a new Chief Executive to move us forward in the next stage of our development. The Chief Executive will take responsibility for the overall management of VAI’s staff and volunteers; report to the Trustee Board on organisational performance; represent VAI – and indeed the local voluntary sector – at meetings with partners; and working with Trustees to review and develop strategy and operational activities in a period of significant change.
- Strategy and Resources: Develop options and strategies for collaboration with and between voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations in Islington and neighbouring boroughs to enhance the relevance and sustainability of services available to local voluntary and community organisations; to implement actions to achieve this agreed by the Trustees.
- Governance and Information: Provide appropriate and accurate management information and other guidance to the Board of Trustees to ensure they have a clear understanding of the health and performance of the organisation and are able to take informed decisions.
- External Relations: Pro-actively develop Voluntary Action Islington’s reputation and profile with members, other stakeholders and the wider voluntary and community sector locally, regionally and nationally.
- Service Delivery and Development: Ensure that services are developed, marketed and delivered in accordance with customer requirements and VAI’s leadership role in strengthening the voluntary sector in Islington.
- Leadership and Management: Ensure that Voluntary Action Islington has in place effective policies and procedures to manage human resources, associates, finance, information, communication, premises, and other resources and that these meet relevant legislative requirements and agreed quality standards.
Please see full details on website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.