Based in Birmingham, London or Manchester
Permanent contract, initially funded for 12 months
Join Refugee Action as the Voluntary Return Good Practice Project Coordinator and be part of a unique project in the Good Practice & Partnerships Team.
Voluntary Return Good Practice Project aims to address some of the gaps left by the closure of Refugee Action’s Assisted Voluntary Return (AVR) ‘Choices’ Service, by providing both proactive and reactive information and advice on Voluntary Return for refugee, asylum and migrant organisations interested in developing their knowledge in this area.
In this key role you will:
- Build the capacity of up to four organisations to provide good quality and up to date information and casework to people considering their options around Voluntary Return
- Run a telephone based service that provides second tier support around specific cases for these target organisations.
- Provide additional training and mentoring support for these organisations.
You must have:
- OISC Level 2 accreditation
- An understanding of the circumstances, complexities, issues and sensitivities linked to voluntary return
- Working knowledge of best practice and policy around Voluntary Return
- Experience of delivering advice and information services and an understanding of the different approaches e.g. face-to-face, telephone, briefings etc
- Experience and understanding of cultural diversity and the ability to manage and support a multi-cultural team
- Ability to carry out organisational needs assessments and design development plans with them to address needs
- Experience of supporting other organisations through training, mentoring etc
- Experience of designing volunteer programmes and recruiting, training, supporting and recognising volunteers
- Excellent group facilitation skills
For further details, and to apply, please visit our website.
Closing Date: 09:00am, Monday 30th January 2017.
Interviews: Monday 13th February 2017