Great opportunity for an empathetic and experienced person to join the Wellbeing team of a supportive and friendly charity near Portobello Road in Kensington. You will encourage and support people with mental health needs or disabilities to improve their wellbeing through volunteering, skills development and social activities.
The role involves:
- One-to-one support work
- Maintaining accurate records, data entry and analysis
- Communicating with other charities and organisations to find supportive volunteering placements
- Planning and delivering community volunteering taster days
- Helping to recruit, train and supervise volunteer mentor/buddies for people who need additional support to volunteer
- Have experience of working in a mental health and/or learning or physical disability service
- Have effective administration, case management and IT skills, with the ability to set and meet deadlines
- Experience of using Excel and database systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including report writing and basic data analysis
- Commitment to the values of the Volunteer Centre Kensington and Chelsea and of our Wellbeing Programme.
You will be working four days (28 hours) per week, under the supervision of the Head of Wellbeing.
For further information please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Closing Date: Please note that we may close early if we find a suitable candidate.
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we will only be able to reply to applicants that we are calling to interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.