Volunteer Coordinator – Circles of Protection
Purpose of Role
The Circles of Protection Project is a national befriending project led from The Elfrida Society in Islington. The project aims to link isolated individuals placed out of borough by Islington Learning Disability Partnership with volunteer befrienders in their local area. The volunteer coordinator will be responsible for the recruitment, training and matching of volunteers. Activities will include:
- Recruitment of suitable volunteer befrienders across the country.
- Producing accessible information on the role of befrienders.
- Developing training and induction plans for volunteers and delivering these. These will include safeguarding and incident reporting.
- Together with the Operations Manager, influencing policy and practice in the commissioning and delivery of befriending for people with learning disabilities.
- Providing support and supervision to the volunteers
- Supporting the Operations Manager with fundraising and work to attract commissions to continue and improve the financial health of the project.
- Writing and presenting progress and monitoring reports for funders.
- Liasising with Islington Learning Disability Partnership, Islington CCG and various care providers regarding referrals to the project.