About the opportunity
If you’re a keen rummager then they have a role for you. If you like things to be neat and tidy, then they need your help to sort the donations received into different categories. If you’re a lover of the iron, then master the mighty steamer and watch those creases and wrinkles disappear! Whether you’re a lover of vintage clothing, stunning jewellery or beautiful bric-a-brac, or fancy the company of other friendly volunteers - BHF's shop stock room is the place to be!
Typical tasks include:
· Sorting out donated items and preparing them for sale
· Using a clothes steamer
· Identifying unsaleable donations for recycling and unusual items for online sale
· Keeping the sort room organised and tidy
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation always
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, to make new friends and meet a diverse group of people
· The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to the British Heart Foundation goal to beat heartbreak forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV, gain an NVQ qualification and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle, and 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. They are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. Join a friendly team at your local shop.
About British Heart Foundation Gloucestershire
BHF Retail shops are recruiting volunteers for flexible opportunities across Gloucestershire for our Clothing, Books and Music shops, Furniture and Electrical stores and Home and Fashion stores raising funds for valuable research.
There are lots of benefits to volunteering; you will develop your existing skills, gain new skills and support a cause you care about. Whatever your reason for joining, you can expect to have lots of fun and meet some great people.
Join their battle to beat heartbreak forever - their research is powered by your support. Every pound raised, every minute of your time and every donation will help make a massive difference to people's lives.
What are they looking for?
Team working, positive attitude, willingness to learn, unafraid to ask questions if unsure, able to give and receive feedback/ suggestions. Full training is provided!
Induction and training will be provided, expenses will be reimbursed. Working hours are flexible depending on availability.