Engagement Manager – Newport
Fixed Term contract 30 June 2022
Job Ref: V377
Hours/Days per week: 35 hours per week – (Flexible days/hours)
Salary: £24,000 plus attractive employee benefits package
Start date: ASAP
Location: Home based Wales (travel throughout Newport).
Closing date: Thursday 3rd February 2022 – 12 noon
Interview date and Location: Online Interviews – 8th Feb-10th Feb 2022
Volunteering Matters use the unique power of volunteering to bring people together and build stronger, more resilient communities across the UK. We bring people together to resolve some of society’s most complex issues.
Employee Volunteering (EV)
We work with UK businesses acting as a broker to manage their internal employee volunteering programmes. We create and deliver community led volunteering opportunities for their employees that also align with their Corporate Social Responsibility or business aims.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a passionate dynamic Engagement Manager to join our national team. The right candidate would be someone who can work flexibly and demonstrate an understanding and commitment to our organisational values. The Engagement Manager will work as part of the national (and local Welsh) Employee Volunteering team working with corporate clients and community partners in Newport, creating and delivering team and individual volunteering events both off and online.
1. Research and deliver volunteering opportunities (on/off-line) to meet the needs of specific client teams of volunteers, ensuring they are impactful and safe
2. Carry out a logistics visit or virtual planning meetings and risk assessment for volunteer activity, ensuring compliance with the quality standards set by Employee Volunteering
3. Develop partnerships and manage relationships with community organisations and colleagues leading on internal Volunteering Matters projects locally
4. Ensure monitoring, impact and evaluation information and data is collected and that projects meet agreed targets, reporting format and schedule
5. Assist the Project Managers and Marketing Manager by preparing case studies, change stories and reports
6. Administration tasks including maintaining up to date, effective and accessible records, and the use of Microsoft Office and other software packages
7. Contribute to joint working and teamwork across Volunteering Matters.
1. Experience of working in a people-focused environment.
2. Ability to motivate and engage people.
3. Experience of working in partnership with other agencies.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload, the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
6. Ability to assess risk and carrying out risk assessments
7. Evidence of good administrative and IT skills and the ability to maintain project monitoring, administrative and financial records.
8. Understanding of and commitment to Equal, diversity and inclusion.
9. Understanding of and commitment to Data Protection and confidentiality.
10. A strong passion and commitment to volunteering and understanding of its potential as a force for change
1. Ability to speak Welsh or a willingness to learn.
Relevant experience and values alignment is more important for this role than specific qualifications.
Location: This role is homebased however the successful candidate must be able to travel regularly throughout the local authority area and to neighbouring authorities on occasion. The postholders will require good internet access to enable remote working, and a suitable home office space. IT equipment and infrastructure will be supplied.
Our Values & Way of Working:
In all that we do, we embrace a philosophy of ‘Freedom within a Framework’ and are guided by our values: Empowering, Inclusive, Compassionate, Positive & Straightforward.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Volunteering Matters welcomes all applicants and are keen to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the UK and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from disabled, LGBT and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, along with candidates with any protected characteristics and from disadvantaged groups.
Disability Confident & Reasonable Adjustments:
We guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. Please provide evidence in your application, which demonstrates that you meet the level of competence required in the “Experience/Skills and attributes” section of this job description.
To be considered for a guaranteed interview or to discuss any reasonable adjustments during the process, please state this in your application or contact our HR team for more information.
We have also committed to the following pledges which positively encompass our recruitment and selection processes and methodology: The Promise (Scotland), Show the Salary, Salary History.
To Apply -Please visit our website.
This job description is intended to include the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but while some variations will be expected, these will be at an appropriate level for the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.