Engagement Manager – Gwent
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract end date - 29 October 2021
Hours/Days per week: 21 hours per week
Location: Home-based, travel throughout Gwent
Closing date: 21 May 2021 – 12pm
Interview date and Location: Online interviews Tuesday 25 May
The role will involve supporting the delivery of our Youth Social Action projects based in Gwent (Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport and Torfaen) and the surrounding areas.
Our Youth Social Action projects operate throughout Gwent to deliver our youth-led approach, engaging and helping people to design and run awareness-raising workshops, mentoring and champion community volunteering in schools and youth settings.
The role will also support the wider delivery of Volunteering Matters' national programmes, including Full-time Volunteering, Employee Volunteering and Getting Together Matters.
Key duties will include:
- Recruiting, interviewing, inducting, training, and supporting volunteers.
- Working closely with partners, referral agencies and funders to ensure a steady flow of beneficiaries into projects.
- Managing the matching and placement processes of volunteers and beneficiaries and setting up new activities where appropriate.
- Ensuring monitoring and evaluation data is collected to measure impact against agreed outcomes.
- Providing administrative support for the project where required. This will involve processing volunteer expenses and maintaining databases.
- Maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders and project partners on a day-to-day level.
- Supporting the preparation of reports to funders, based on agreed outputs and targets.
- Risk assessing volunteering activities and carry out regular reviews.
- Playing an active role in identifying and developing new business.
- Contributing to joint working and teamwork across Volunteering Matters.
Experience, skills and attributes:
Volunteering Matters is a values-based charity. Above all else, an alignment with our organisational values is more important to us than relevant experience or qualifications.
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing volunteers.
- Experience of working in partnership with other agencies.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a demanding and developing workload, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to assess risk and carrying out risk assessments.
- Evidence of good administrative and IT skills and the ability to maintain project monitoring.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equality and diversity.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, Data Protection and confidentiality.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, Safeguarding.
- Ability to speak Welsh or the willingness to learn.
Appointment to this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure check (DBS). Having a conviction will not necessarily cause a bar to employment.
The job description is intended to include the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but while some variations will be expected, these will be at an appropriate level for the role.
The post-holder will be accountable to the Project Manager based in Gwent.
In return for your commitment, we offer an unlimited annual leave scheme. We also offer a 3% employer pension contribution, flexible working as a standard and enhanced employee wellbeing scheme and benefits.
Your supporting statement is of equal importance to us as your CV and is a key part of our shortlisting process. It is an opportunity for you to outline your experience and credentials directly to the details of the post.
To apply, please visit the Volunteering Matters website:
Volunteering Matters is committed to the provision of equal opportunities in employment and accordingly wishes to ensure that no job applicant is treated less favourably on unjustifiable grounds. To assist in the monitoring of our performance in relation to equal opportunities you are requested to complete the enclosed monitoring form. The questionnaire is for statistical purposes only. Upon receipt it will be separated from your CV and supporting statement and will not form part of the selection process.