Job ref: V354
Start date: ASAP
End date: 31 March 2022
Hours/Days per week: 35 hours per week
Location: Home based/Newcastle
Closing date: Friday 6th December 2021 at 3pm
Interview date and Location: TBC
At Volunteering Matters, we use the unique power of volunteering to bring people together, build stronger, more resilient communities across the UK and solve some of society’s most complex issues. From social isolation and loneliness, to improving health and wellbeing, to building skills, confidence and opportunity, and to ensuring young people can become change-makers in their community; the impact that we have is great. And we won’t stop until everyone in the UK has the opportunity to thrive.
People-led and impact driven, we are a national charity that is deeply embedded in local areas across the UK. We operate in regional hubs across Scotland, England and Wales. We also have a national Employee Volunteering Team, with over 25 years’ experience, acting as a broker of tailor-made solutions to employers. We turn local knowledge and energy into action and progress, building stronger communities and a better future for all.
We are a worthwhile, fun, interesting, challenging, team orientated, collaborative and rewarding place to work! Due to expansion, we are currently recruiting for a talented, dynamic and professional Engagement Manager to join our team in Newcastle.
The right candidate would be someone who can work flexibly and demonstrate an understanding and total commitment to our organisational values.Alongside our partners Chain Reaction, we’re delighted to have received funding to develop and deliver a pilot “Home from Hospital” volunteering programme. This pilot will involve volunteers who support patients to return home from a hospital stay, assisting with transport, ensuring the patient is settled and comfortable at home, and providing short term emotional, practical, and social support.
As our Engagement Manager, you be the lead Volunteering Matters staff member delivering this pilot programme, working closely with our Chain Reaction partners, stakeholders, volunteers, and colleagues to ensure the pilot is a success. This is a Fixed Term contract until 31.3.2022, an extension is possible dependent on future funding.
We are a values-driven organisation, and are looking for someone who is compassionate, empowering, straightforward, inclusive, and positive, to support the delivery of the Home from Hospital volunteering programme and all those involved in it. The post-holder may also contribute to the wider work of Volunteering Matters, such as working groups around Safeguarding, Equality Diversity and Inclusion and others.
We’re looking for a talented, dynamic, and professional Engagement Manager to join our team in Newcastle.
The right candidate would be someone who can work flexibly and demonstrate an understanding and total
commitment to our organisational values.
Alongside our partners Chain Reaction, we’re delighted to have received funding to develop and deliver a pilot “Home from Hospital” volunteering programme. This pilot will involve volunteers who support patients to return home from a hospital stay, assisting with transport, ensuring the patient is settled and comfortable at home, and providing short term emotional, practical, and social support.
As our Engagement Manager, you be the lead Volunteering Matters staff member delivering this pilot programme,
working closely with our Chain Reaction partners, stakeholders, volunteers, and colleagues to ensure the pilot is a success. This is a Fixed Term contract until 31.3.2022, an extension is possible dependent on future funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the pilot Home from Hospital volunteering programme, including working with all stakeholders, colleagues, and partners daily basis.
- Implement and manage a new operational system to manage referrals/caseload
- Acting as a single point of contact for referral agencies, coordinating and communicating referrals to our Chain Reaction partners on a daily basis.
- Developing, designing, and publishing marketing and promotional materials related to the programme
- Support Chain Reaction partners to recruit new volunteers through our existing infrastructure of Volunteer Centre Newcastle and the Newcastle Volunteer Passport Scheme
- Responsibility for Risk Management and Quality Assurance
- Ensure monitoring, impact and evaluation information and data is collected and that the programme meets it’s agreed targets, reporting format and schedule
- To ensure all the above is done with excellent record keeping, in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Promoting and representing Volunteering Matters across Newcastle and the Northeast of England
- Contribute to the wider Volunteering Matters team, upholding our values at all times
- A comprehensive understanding of best practice in Volunteer Management
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise accordingly
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Office 365, Dropbox, Microsoft Teams, and other software packages
- Excellent people skills with the ability to build professional, long-term relationships with others
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to accurately record all interactions
- Experience of Risk Management processes and impact measurement
- Experience of project management and working to deadlines
- Significant experience working directly with volunteers
- Demonstratable relationship management experience with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of project management, achieving high targets and working to strict deadlines
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
Relevant experience and values alignment is more important for this role than specific qualifications.
Location: This role is based from Volunteering Matters Newcastle office at Mea House, or from home (must be close to Newcastle).
The postholder will require good internet access to enable remote working, and a suitable home office space. I.T. equipment and infrastructure will be supplied.
Post Covid-19 there may be an expectation to travel across the region in the role. This includes travel to meet partners, colleagues or volunteers
Volunteering Matters Values & Ways of Working:
In all that we do, Volunteering Matters embrace a philosophy of ‘Freedom within a Framework’ and are guided by our values:
We are Empowering
We are Inclusive
We are Compassionate
We are Positive
We are Straightforward
Benefits package: Pension, Unlimited annual leave, fully flexible working, cycle to work & season ticket loan.
To apply please visit our website.
Your supporting statement is of equal importance to us as your CV and is a key part of our shortlisting process. It is an opportunity for you to outline your experience and credentials directly to the details of the post.
Volunteering Matters is committed to the provision of equal opportunities in employment and accordingly wishes to ensure that no job applicant is treated less favourably on unjustifiable grounds. To assist in the monitoring of our performance in relation to equal opportunities you are requested to complete the enclosed monitoring form. The questionnaire is for statistical purposes only. Upon receipt it will be separated from your CV and cover letter and will not form part of the selection process.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive if we have not contacted you by the interview date it means that on this occasion, we are unable to take your application further.
If you apply for a role with us, we will retain your contact details including your name, address, email address and phone number to help us manage your application for up to 6 months. We will not use your personal data for any other purpose or share it with any third party. You can contact us at any point to update your personal information or ask us to delete it from our records.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.