Project Administrator x2 (V359)
Fixed term until 30th June 2022
Job ref: V359
Start date: ASAP
Hours/Days per week: 24 hours per week
Closing date: 30 November 2021 –5pm
Interview date and Location: Friday 10th December 2021, Video call (Teams or Zoom)
Everyone in the UK should have the opportunity to thrive. So we bring people together to overcome some of society’s most complex issues through the power of volunteering.
We partner with communities to overcome adversity, tackling social isolation and loneliness, improving health, developing skills and opportunity and making sure young people can lead change. And because we’re a national charity, we do this at scale, sharing our expertise and building partnerships to make an even bigger impact.
We turn local knowledge and energy into action and progress, building stronger communities and a better future for all.
RCT360 and Newport360
This is two new local partnerships of specialist providers coming together to increase opportunities for economically inactive and unemployed people in Rhondda Cynon Taf and Newport. In RCT, our local partners include Mental Health Matters Wales (MHMW), Artis Community Cymuned (ACC) and Sgiliau, as well as some of our own national programmes. In Newport, we are solely working with MHMW. Each partner will offer different activities to complement mainstream back-to-work provisions. Our collective goal is to help people, from school leavers to older adults, level-up their prospects of engaging with education, employment, or training.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for two experienced Project Administrators to join the Wales team. The right candidate would be someone who can work flexibly and demonstrates an understanding and total commitment to our organisational values.
As Project Administrator, you will maintain accurate records of all participant outputs and outcomes, record and store evidence and provide regular information to the team in a fast-paced project. You will provide a comprehensive administrative service for all aspects of RCT360 and/or Newport360, helping the team to meet the project’s aims, objectives, outcomes and targets.
- Provide general administrative support, which includes attending to phone/email queries, taking messages and signposting accordingly, taking minutes and notes at meetings, and writing and replying to correspondence.
- Maintain accurate records, including inputting and regularly auditing data on a database and spreadsheet, and producing statistical reports to the team on a monthly basis.
- Record and safely store required evidence for individual participants, highlighting any gaps in information held and raising with the relevant team member.
- Process expressions of interest/applications and collect references in accordance with organisational processes and data protection regulations.
- Support the Delivery Team to collect monitoring and evaluation data for the project and help with data collections for other programmes.
- Support the Delivery Team’s compliance record-keeping, maintaining Data Protection, Health and Safety and Safeguarding records.
- Assist with finance related tasks including administering volunteer or participant expenses and maintaining accurate financial records.
- Assist with the effective distribution of information to participants, volunteers, colleagues and external agencies, including large scale mailings.
- Adhere to Volunteering Matters’ Equality and Diversity Policy and all other Volunteering Matters policies which relate to the work of RCT360 and/or Newport360.
- Contribute to joint working and teamwork across Volunteering Matters.
Location: This role is homebased and can be carried out from any location. The postholder will require good internet access to enable remote working, and a suitable home office space. IT equipment and infrastructure will be supplied.
Volunteering Matters Values & Ways of Working:
In all that we do, Volunteering Matters embrace a philosophy of ‘Freedom within a Framework’ and are guided by our values:
We are Empowering
We are Inclusive
We are Compassionate
We are Positive
We are Straightforward
Benefits package: Pension, Unlimited annual leave, fully flexible working, cycle to work & season ticket loan.
To apply please visit our website.
The application form is an opportunity for you to outline your experience and credentials directly to the details of the post.
Volunteering Matters is committed to the provision of equal opportunities in employment and accordingly wishes to ensure that no job applicant is treated less favourably on unjustifiable grounds. To assist in the monitoring of our performance in relation to equal opportunities you are requested to complete the enclosed monitoring form. The questionnaire is for statistical purposes only. Upon receipt it will be separated from your application and will not form part of the selection process.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive if we have not contacted you by the interview date it means that on this occasion, we are unable to take your application further.
If you apply for a role with us, we will retain your contact details including your name, address, email address and phone number to help us manage your application for up to 6 months. We will not use your personal data for any other purpose or share it with any third party. You can contact us at any point to update your personal information or ask us to delete it from our records.