Project Manager (Newport360)
Fixed term until 30th June 2022
Job ref: V357
Start date: ASAP
Hours/Days per week: 35 hours per week - (Flexible days/hours)
Location: Homebased – travel throughout Newport will be required
Closing date: 30 November 2021 –5pm
Interview date and Location: Tuesday 7th December 2021, Video call (Teams or Zoom)
Everyone in the UK should have the opportunity to thrive. So we bring people together to overcome some of society’s most complex issues through the power of volunteering.
We partner with communities to overcome adversity, tackling social isolation and loneliness, improving health, developing skills and opportunity and making sure young people can lead change. And because we’re a national charity, we do this at scale, sharing our expertise and building partnerships to make an even bigger impact.
We turn local knowledge and energy into action and progress, building stronger communities and a better future for all.
This is a new local partnership of specialist providers coming together to increase opportunities for economically inactive and unemployed people in Newport. Our local partners is Mental Health Matters Wales (MHMW), alongside some of our own national programmes. Each partner will offer different activities to complement mainstream back-to-work provisions in Newport. Our collective goal is to help people, from school leavers to older adults, level-up their prospects of engaging with education, employment, or training.
Purpose of the role
We’re looking for a talented, dynamic, and professional Project Manager to join our team in Wales. The right candidate would be someone who can work flexibly and demonstrates an understanding and total commitment to our organisational values.
As Project Manager, you will lead a small delivery team of five, working closely with them and external partners to deliver a fast-paced project. You will manage and develop all aspects of Newport360, ensuring it achieves its aims, objectives, outcomes and targets.
As Covid restrictions ease in Wales, travel throughout Newport will be required.
1. To effectively deliver the service ensuring that the project meets its agreed targets and milestones.
2. To lead discussions and attend meetings with the local authority, liaising regularly with partners and key stakeholders to provide regular progress reports.
3. To manage relationships with delivery partners, meeting regularly and setting performance expectations.
4. To provide line management to a small team of project staff, meeting regularly and conducting performance reviews.
5. To oversee effective monitoring, tracking and reporting of all aspects of the project.
6. To ensure a systematic way of maintaining accurate records on all aspects of the project, including agreeing information sharing protocols between partners and fulfilling evidence requirements.
7. To ensure all aspects of project delivery are compliant with health and safety, data protection and safeguarding quality standards.
8. To work with budget holders to ensure project expenditure is in line with the budget.
9. To promote and adhere to Volunteering Matters’ Equality and Diversity Policy and all other Volunteering Matters policies which relate to the work of Newport360.
10. Contribute to joint working and teamwork across Volunteering Matters.
To find more information on the role please refer to the Job description.
Location: This role is homebased however the successful candidate must be able to travel regularly throughout the local authority area and to neighbouring authorities on occasion. This includes meetings with commissioners, partners and other stakeholders.
The postholder will require good internet access to enable remote working, and a suitable home office space. IT equipment and infrastructure will be supplied.
Volunteering Matters Values & Ways of Working:
In all that we do, Volunteering Matters embrace a philosophy of ‘Freedom within a Framework’ and are guided by our values:
We are Empowering
We are Inclusive
We are Compassionate
We are Positive
We are Straightforward
Benefits package: Pension, Unlimited annual leave, fully flexible working, cycle to work & season ticket loan.
To apply please visit our website.
The application form is an opportunity for you to outline your experience and credentials directly to the details of the post.
Volunteering Matters is committed to the provision of equal opportunities in employment and accordingly wishes to ensure that no job applicant is treated less favourably on unjustifiable grounds. To assist in the monitoring of our performance in relation to equal opportunities you are requested to complete the enclosed monitoring form. The questionnaire is for statistical purposes only. Upon receipt it will be separated from your CV and cover letter and will not form part of the selection process.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive if we have not contacted you by the interview date it means that on this occasion, we are unable to take your application further.
If you apply for a role with us, we will retain your contact details including your name, address, email address and phone number to help us manage your application for up to 6 months. We will not use your personal data for any other purpose or share it with any third party. You can contact us at any point to update your personal information or ask us to delete it from our records.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.