Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded individual committed to developing best practice in volunteer management? Do you have experience of advising and supporting managers working with volunteers?
We are looking for a driven individual to join the small but ambitious Volunteering team to:
* Provide support and advice on volunteer management to teams across the organisation
* Update and expand our existing suite of volunteer management guidance
* Deliver volunteer management workshops and develop supporting materials
You will be a main point of contact for teams working with volunteers across the organisation, providing expert advice to volunteer managers, including dealing with difficult situations.
Cancer Research UK is leading pioneering, life-saving research and our long-term ambition is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person.
Volunteers play an essential role in the delivery of Cancer Research UK’s mission, donating millions of hours each year. We strive to offer an excellent volunteering experience to every one of our 40,000 volunteers in order to increase our volunteers’ engagement with, and value given to, the organisation.
You can help us bring forward the day that all cancers are cured through your:
* experience of managing or working alongside volunteers
* confidence in facilitating group discussions and delivering training sessions
* experience of providing advice and support on complex volunteer management issues
* excellent communication and interpersonal skills building relationships with colleagues and volunteers
If you’re interested in joining our ambitious team, please read the attached role profile for further information.
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th January 2017, 23:55
Interview Date: Monday 6th February 2017