VSA is currently seeking to appoint a Community Engagement and Supporter Experience Manager to join our Philanthropy & Income Generation Department on our ambitious journey as we scale up for success.
This is a busy and varied role and you will be the main point of contact for supporters raising money in aid of VSA or those who are taking part in VSA led or mass participation events. You will be responsible for growing our unrestricted income across multiple income streams
Reporting directly to the Director of External Relations, the Community Engagement and Supporter Experience Manager will be responsible for supporter led acquisition, maximising donations from individual supporters and the administration and delivery of our supporter experience and events.
To be successful you will need to have expertise in Developing and Managing high quality relationships with fundraisers to cultivate, engage and nurture prospects and existing supporters. In addition, you will need to evidence your ability to create new and appealing fundraising activities, to appeal to and recruit new audiences and supporters.
We are a small, but agile, team that prides itself on creating an exceptional supporter experience. The successful candidate will need to be able to work independently to manage and prioritise your own workload in order to meet competing deadlines and deliver against annual financial targets.
At VSA we help change the lives of over 20,000 vulnerable children and adults each year. We support a person's physical, mental, emotional, and social wellbeing through a range of residential and outreach support services. Across all our services, we support people living with learning disabilities, a mental health diagnosis, loneliness and isolation, additional support needs, poverty, addiction, and long-life conditions such as Parkinson's and Dementia.
Hours: 35 hours per week (Mon-Friday)
Salary: up to circa £28K depending on experience + Car Allowance.
Location: Castle Street HQ
Please note: you will be required to support the Fundraising Team and the charity at events as and when required. As many activities are held in the evening and at weekends the post will involve some unsocial hours, for which Time Off in Lieu (TOIL) will be given.
Purpose of Job:
We have a fantastic and rare opportunity for an experienced fundraising professional to join our Philanthropy & Income Generation team on our ambitious growth journey as we scale up for success.
You will be a first point of contact for low-mid level donors and the main point of contact for supporters leading on all VSA’s community and events income streams, supporting individuals and groups to raise funds through activities and mass -participation events, and organising and co-ordinating VSA led events.
The below provides are overview of key areas of responsibilities and duties (but is not limited to):
Strategy and Planning
- In conjunction with the wider team, ensure the supporter experience and journey is of high quality and inspires people to continue to support VSA
- Provide timely progress reports for the Executive Management Team
- Create new, appealing Community Fundraising activities and opportunities to recruit new audiences and supporters including clubs/associations and individuals
- Contact all individual supporters that are raising funds in aid of VSA and take them through our supporter experience journey to help maximise funds raised for the organisation (Face to Face meetings, telephone calls etc.)
- Develop and deliver a range of mass participation & VSA lead events to generate income and affinity towards VSA from the general public
- To work with wider VSA colleagues to identify new opportunities
- Have excellent knowledge of our services, understand how they are funded to tell our story in a compelling way to gain support
- Develop and manage high quality relationships with fundraisers to cultivate, engage and nurture prospects and existing supporters, collaborating with fundraising colleagues, senior management and to maximise networking opportunities
- Monitoring shared inboxes and ensure all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner
- Processing online supporter experience registrations that come through online fundraising platforms (such as JustGiving etc) and web forms.
- Process all challenge event and small business registrations, ensuring the lead contact is informed.
- Ensure fundraising stock suppliers are maintained and managed,
- Provide fulfilment of fundraising materials required.
- Ensure all supporters have been thanked in a timely manner (electronic or postal)
- With the wider team process online or offline donations.
- Communicate with supporters when necessary to chase up outstanding sponsorship money
- Update and complete event portals within deadlines required
- Be prepared to work some weekends and evenings where events require
- Promote the work of VSA, locally, regionally and nationally, targeted in line with our Philanthropy & Income Generation strategy, representing the organisation at relevant forums, events and seminars
- Represent the Charity to Statutory, voluntary and commercial organisations, professional bodies and institutions.
- Adhere to the highest standards of fundraising best practice ensuring compliance with OSCR and the fundraising code of practice.
- Ensure that all activities comply with GDPR requirements.
- Ensure that the client relationship management database is kept up to date.
- Carry out other tasks that may be within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service.
- Supporting the team and the charity at events as and when required. As many activities are held in the evening and at weekends the post will involve some unsocial hours, for which Time Off in Lieu (TOIL) will be given
- Able to demonstrate suitable experience and examples of achievements relevant to role.
- Educated to Higher / A Level and must include English
- Diploma in Fundraising
- Minimum two years experience working in a fundraising environment or similar role
- Proven experience working in a result orientated environment
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships
- Understand how to maximise income raise at events including gift aid
- Strong administration skills and knowledge of online platforms such as JustGiving
- Experience of working in the charitable/not for profit sector
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of people
- Ability to produce reports and proposals to a high standard
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise workloads
- The ability to analyse and interpret data
- Working within a complex organisation
- Project planning
- Driving licence
- Sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with others
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Creative and a problem solver
- Flexible and cooperative
- Driven by working to targets
- Good team player
- Evidence of working proactively and with initiative
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Involved in charitable work/volunteering
- Interest in Health & Social Care
Other Job Requirements:
Good attendance record supported by references- one of which must be your current employer.
Subject to Basic Disclosure check
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.