Our Education Director is responsible to the Board for developing education strategy and directing the development of education programs & young person’s interpretive content. You must be willing and able to commit the time required to fulfil the role of Education Director and as a Board Director. This will typically be no less than 4 days per month.
Key Roles for this opportunity include: Strategy & Partnerships in Learning; Web Learning & Interpretive Content; Outreach Learning with education settings and Volunteer Engagement
You will lead on:
- Developing and maintaining the education strategy in respect of the development of young people’s content in the museum, on the website and to hands on learning experiences
- Engage with education settings to develop strategy and education content and establish long term partnerships to nurture repeat visits.
- Ensure that learning programmes are developed and continually improved for school group visits in respect of museum tours and hands on classroom sessions
- Oversee and manage the development of the learning experience portal on our website
- Oversee the design, development and inclusion of young people’s interpretive content within exhibition areas
- Develop outreach learning programmes for both educational purposes and to support the marketing of group and open day family visits
- Engage volunteers to contribute to and deliver all the above work and chair regular education team meetings to direct and prioritise development work