- Work closely with the Executive Director, Finance and Corporate Services to develop and implement a robust financial strategy, ensuring key financial risks are identified and managed.
- Financial Operations
- Lead the team to provide relevant and valued global finance operational support to VSO, in financial accounts, controls, statutory requirements, treasury, payroll, and financial systems.
- Work with senior managers and finance staff globally to deliver regular, accurate and reliable flows of financial information as required.
- Ensure the finance team is adequately resourced and equipped with the right tools to deliver a high quality, customer focused, and pro-active service.
- Statutory Requirements, Compliance and Financial controls
- Ensure that all relevant controls are in place and in accordance with the Charity SORP
- Ensure VSO complies with statutory, funding and tax regulations, fulfilling its requirements as a charity, company, and employer across geographies
- Provide robust and effective financial policies, processes and controls and ensure compliance across VSO.
- Lead the preparation of the statutory financial statements and the annual report for VSO and its subsidiaries. Co-ordinate the completion of year end processes across finance and lead the statutory audit process.
- Drive a culture of compliance and continuous improvement in finance compliance across the organisation
- Budgeting and Management Reporting
- Lead the organisational budgeting, forecasting and reporting process providing the right framework and tools to the organisation and consolidating budgets from different parts of the organisation.
- Ensure the planning and budgeting process is efficient for Budget Holders and delivers a sustainable budget in line with parameters defined by the International Board.
- Ensure regular reporting are available and discussed with Global teams on a monthly basis and help decisions, that relevant actions are identified and acted on based on the information received; review and ensure relevant analysis is presented well for decision making.Drive improvement in reporting process and tools.
- Take responsibility for managing VSO's Treasury, maximising investment returns in compliance with VSO treasury policy and producing robust cashflow forecast and managing cash flow risks. Drive evaluation of effective cash, foreign currencies and bank account management across all VSO locations.
- Manage the Finance System team to ensure robust, reliable and accurate systems which consistently meet the needs of the finance team and VSO and deliver strong controls.
- Drive the development of existing and new finance systems to deliver efficiency, effectiveness gains and to respond to new requirements.
- Ensure continued integration of finance systems and processes across other organisational systems and digital transformation initiatives.
- Effectively lead and develop a global high performing team within the performance management framework.
- Ensure team ways of working and behaviours are in line with VSO People First values and policies and comply with legal and organisation requirements.
- Ensure team responds positively to change, delivers a consistent high-level customer-focused approach and achieves objectives.?
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Fully qualified accounting or finance professional (ACCA, ACA, or CIMA), with in depth knowledge of UK charity SORP and compliance framework.
- Experience of successfully leading a high performing finance team in a large international organisation
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering a financial strategy in a global organisation
- Significant practical experience of the preparation of statutory and management reporting at high level.
- Strong leadership skills to undertake a complex senior management role in a global organisation.??
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail balanced with the ability to integrate the broader strategic picture and the help drive management decisions and action
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences, particularly internal and non-technical audiences.
- Advanced IT skills, including accounting and reporting packages, proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, power point, and electronic mail), financial technologies and Business Improvement System
- Commitment to VSO's work and values.
- Able to undertake occasional international travel.
More about VSO
Posted on: 04 January 2022
Closed date: 31 January 2022 at 11:30
Job ref: JOB0125933
Tags: Finance, Intl Development
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.