An exciting opportunity for an experienced Retention Officer to step up to senior officer level.
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is an international development charity with a vision for a world without poverty and a mission to bring people together to fight poverty and marginalisation. Over the last 60 years VSO has worked in 90 countries, with more than 80,000 volunteers who have supported 50,000,000 people.
The VSO retention team’s current product is Volunteer View, a subscription service which sends newsletters and blogs written by VSO volunteers. VSO is investing in the development of this area as part of an organisational strategy, and is aiming to exceed the 60,000+ subscribers (and over £3 million income) achieved in recent years.
VSO is looking for a forward-thinking Senior Supporter Engagement Officer, with an engaging and dynamic approach, to focus on retaining or reactivating current or past subscribers.
VSO’s supporter journey programme is currently in its infancy, so this person will also help to develop a personalised, supporter-focused experience, through a range of channels and projects.
You will join a close knit team of two officers, reporting directly to the Retention Manager. They will be there to give guidance and direction, but you will be in charge of your own workload. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Retention Officer who is looking to take on more responsibility during an exciting time of growth for this established charity.
VSO needs a Senior Supporter Engagement Officer to:
- project manage VSO’s Donor Retention Programme, overseeing emergency and cash appeals as well as organising bi-yearly packs
- improve and develop current supporter journeys by analysing previous performances and making recommendations on how to attract and retain new supporters
- continue to improve and grow VSO’s current product, Volunteer View
- reactivate supporters whose subscriptions have lapsed
- personalise and segment data to improve engagement of potential donors.
- manage the VSO telemarketing channel, working closely with an external agencies to improve donor engagement, assist script writing and monitor feedback.
This role would best suit someone with:
- experience of donor retention and shaping supporter journeys, with the ability to manage projects effectively by increasing donor engagement
- a keen eye for data and experience in segmentation and personalisation
- an understanding and active interest in international development, as VSO’s brand and mission is a key component to retaining supporters.
To apply for this role, please click Apply with Charityjob to submit your CV to Ellie Taff at QuarterFive Fundraising Recruitment. If your experience is a good fit, we will send you a job description and arrange a briefing call or meeting that will provide you with all the information required to formally apply. QuarterFive aims to proactively support your job search, so we may also consider your details for other job vacancies to enable us to find a position that is most suitable for you.