VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
We are looking for a new Supporter Care Coordinator to work in our busy and exciting Supporter Care team, helping to make a key contribution to the success of VSO's volunteer recruitment, fundraising and public engagement activity in the UK.
In this role you will handle all inbound enquiries to VSO, including both supporter and volunteer related conversations, delivering a high level of service and creating meaningful opportunities for engagement. In order to ensure VSOs supporters receive the best in supporter care and to reduce attrition, you will be responsible for outbound calling to welcome new supporters to the organisation, as well as to maintain excellent relationships with donors throughout their lifespan. Finally you will work to ensure all fundraising income is accounted for using our fundraising database, and accurate records of our supporters are maintained.
A lifelong involvement with VSO begins when a supporter first contacts our Supporter Care team. You can help ensure we find the people and money we need to make a difference.
This is a 3 months fixed term contract. We are looking to appoint immediately.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will be someone with strong customer service experience, who can speak with confidence to members of the public, advise those wanting to take part in our volunteering programmes, and exhibit exceptional attention to detail when it comes to writing communications and processing donations.
VSO also offers a range of additional benefits:
* A friendly and supportive office environment
* Opportunities for flexible working and working from home
* Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
* Competitive pension with Scottish Widows (matched at 5%)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Free parking
* Lockers and shower facilities
* Fun free lunch time activities like boot camp
* Professional development
* Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme offering free, confidential support and guidance on a wide range of topics from money matters to legal issues, as well as counselling and a helpline.
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
* Ability to be open minded and respectful
* Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
* Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
* Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in the UK before you apply.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you're interested in applying for this role, please for more information.
To submit your application, click on 'Make an application' and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.