Construction Project Director
Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff
The Wales Millennium Centre (WMC) is a home for the arts in Wales, firing imaginations through world-class productions, developing emerging talent with pieces that are rooted in Welsh culture and igniting a passion for the arts in young people to drive the next generation of culture for Wales.
As we turn 15, we are looking forward to the next exciting stage of our development. We’ll be scaling up our activities to produce more of our own work, expand our creative learning programmes and digitalise more of our activities.
To reflect this growth in our ambition, we are expanding our facilities, which will include upgrading our front of house amenities. As such, we are looking for a Construction Project Director to drive the success of this prestigious contract, joining us on a two year contract that has the potential to extend.
- Salary of £50,000 per annum
- 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Pension (with up to 8% employer contribution)
- Flexible working options
- Access to Welsh language training
- Access to shows and tickets within the Wales Millennium Centre
If you have experience of delivering complex capital projects, this is an incredible opportunity to play a key role in the evolution of the nation’s home of the performing arts.
Situated in the heart of Cardiff Bay, Wales Millennium Centre is a place of inspiration where joyful, thought-provoking experiences are created, and people fall in love with theatre for the first time.
You will have the chance to spearhead the success of an exciting project that will invite people of all ages and backgrounds to discover, and immerse themselves in, the transformative world of the performing arts.
As the Construction Project Director, you will oversee the redesign of the front of house at Wales Millennium Centre, from concept through to delivery.
Ensuring the project complies with standard procurement processes and professional standards, you’ll recruit a team, establish project management processes and controls and act as the senior point of contact for stakeholders.
Specifically, you will:
- Hold consultations with stakeholders
- Implement procurement and tendering processes
- Establish and manage budgets
- Ensure that our brief is clearly communicated to contractors
- Carry out reporting
To join us as the Construction Project Director, you will need:
- Extensive experience of delivering complex capital projects, ideally including upgrading an existing facility
- Experience of establishing and managing a project team
- Reporting skills
- The ability to establish and deliver project plans on time, on budget and on brief
- The ability to effectively manage risks and ensure that the necessary indemnities and insurances are in place
Welsh language skills, in addition to fluency in English, would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Project Lead, Construction Project Manager, Construction Programme Manager, Renovation Project Manager, Building Project Manager, Head of Building Projects, or Capital Project Manager.
Webrecruit and Wales Millennium Centre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking a rewarding contract as a Construction Project Director, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.