We are now looking for a full time Programmes Director based in London to be in charge of the planning, execution, follow-up and monitoring of our programmes. The job will include travelling frequently throughout the year to the countries where we operate.
This is an exciting but demanding job. Teamwork is essential and overall you will be expected to work to the highest standards at all times, with a duty of care towards our beneficiaries, responding promptly to any request, and showing attention to detail and clear communication to the team and senior management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning the execution, follow up and monitoring of our wheelchair distributions internationally. This includes:
- Liaising with our international partners on beneficiary lists, distribution timelines and resources needed, ensuring appropriate agreements are in place;
- Negotiating wheelchair prices with our suppliers, transportation and other fees, as well as tax exemptions;
- Planning trips and any logistics associated, including booking any transport and accommodation as needed and ensuring travel forms and other paperwork is in place;
- Setting up and leading travelling teams, which may include, from time to time, specialized medical staff, volunteers and/or donors;
- Organizing the training of any local resources following international guidelines and best practice;
- Ensuring all our wheelchairs are distributed to the highest standards, with adequate beneficiary fitting, training and follow up.
- Supervising the operations of our wheelchair assembly and rehabilitation centres internationally. This includes liaising with local staff and reviewing budget proposals and monitoring the use of resources and expenditure.
- Monitoring the outcome of the research programmes we are currently funding and identifying new research opportunities to direct our funding grants to.
- Liaising with the CFO and COO on any financial or operational matters.
- Reporting to the CEO and to the Board of Trustees on a regular basis.
- Creating donor reports and liaising with any donors when and as needed alongside the Fundraising Director.
- A genuine interest in our cause;
- An extensive experience and track record of a minimum of five years successfully running programmes at an international level;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent oral and written English. Good knowledge of other languages would be an additional asset;
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to take the lead and proactively seek opportunities to develop our programmes, promote beneficiary welfare and donor engagement, identify synergies and further our mission;
- Financial literacy and knowledge of compliance requirements for charities in the UK. Experience in financial budgeting and reporting both internally and to third parties, including donors;
- The willingness and ability to work in a small team, and often under pressure to deliver in short deadlines. Previous experience managing a team would be ideal;
- The availability and desire to travel internationally, in some occasions even last minute;
- The right to live and work in the UK.
The remuneration package for this role will be in line with the experience of the successful candidate.