Multi-award-winning Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal works in partnership with Aardman Animations to support
Bristol Children’s Hospital and the region’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). We are seeking a talented individual to join our ambitious team to help deliver a multi-million-pound programme of investment in the children’s hospital and NICU.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fundraiser to join our growing fundraising team. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to design and implement new supporter acquisition, retention and development plans with a focus on growing reach, engagement and income across Individual Giving.
The role will be responsible for maximising income through targeted communications both through online and offline channels. We know that data is the catalyst to a successful programme, so the successful candidate will have broad knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (or a similar fundraising database), as well as experience of growing the lifetime value of new and existing supporters and donors.
There will be the opportunity to lead on new projects, whilst working collaboratively with the talented fundraising and communications teams to develop the supporter experience, with the aim of building long term commitment to the charity. The successful candidate will have experience in individual giving and will have bags of initiative as well as being a strong team player, able to work autonomously bringing new ideas and fresh energy to our strategy.
The candidate will share the team’s vision to grow and develop our income and supporter base across the wide portfolio of activity. You will bring imagination, resourcefulness and enthusiasm to help us realise our vision of continued income growth and income generation diversification.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including a pension scheme, medical benefits, and generous annual leave. Flexible home working will be combined with visits to the Bristol based office. Grand Appeal HQ is located opposite the Bristol Children’s Hospital, close to the beautiful Bristol Harbourside and the range of shops in Cabot Circus.
The Grand Appeal offers a dynamic, supportive and rewarding workplace for over 40 staff. The bedrock of our organisation is its strong team culture in which all staff play an important part. If this sounds like the right workplace culture for you, you have the required skills and experience, and you are looking for a new challenge, get in touch.
Work for The Grand Appeal and you’ll do more than just a job. The work we do really makes a difference to sick children, their families and the staff who care for them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Together, we help save lives.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Analyse, plan and develop the current engagement programme for existing donors, to retain and re-activate supporters
- Develop new fundraising ideas as part of the Individual Giving programme to generate income, working strategically to target specific audiences to complement our existing activity
- Work collaboratively with the fundraising team to deliver a high-quality experience to all donors including where appropriate donor communications and marketing materials to drive forward the Individual Giving programme
- Work to measurable KPIs and income targets
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team to maximise online and offline support and donor communications
- Brief and liaise with suppliers for direct mailing campaigns, reviewing and arranging approval from key staff ready for print
- Continually evaluate activity across Individual Giving income streams and respond to trends or challenges
- Responsibility for the operation of the Lottery and compliance with relevant legislation
- Use Raiser’s Edge database to analyse support and steward supporters, ensuring data entered is accurate. Help to implement new data reporting procedures to drive the success of the Individual Giving programme
- Contribute to the fundraising department activities, sharing new ideas and supporting income generation and promote positive team-working.
- Contribute to the legacy strategy working closely with the SMT.
- Understand data protection requirements for direct marketing including any changes to GDPR
- Keep abreast of governance requirements pursuant to all communications /marketing activity including but not limited to the Charities Act, Fundraising Regulator, Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice, Gambling Commission and General Data Protection Regulation
- Undertake mandatory training as required by the charity.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required, to support colleagues across the organisation
This role profile is not exhaustive and is subject to review in conjunction with the post holder and according to future changes/developments in the Charity. All job descriptions are non-contractual and give a sense of the broad scope of the role and so include a level of flexibility. Whilst they list some key tasks there will also always be tasks that arise, and which can be reasonably expected of the role.
See our website for full person specification.