Walworth Methodist Church is a community hub and centre for many social and charitable groups and is the venue for many thanksgiving services. The church serves the community as a centre for meetings, conferences, weddings, funerals.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, shrewd and experienced Business Manager who can provide comprehensive business management and strategic operational support across all aspects of church administration, including Finance, HR, Property management to mention a few.
The successful candidate must have strong financial skills, demonstrate a high level of business acumen, interpersonal communication skills, and willingness to build wider links within the community, with an ability to drive forward and enhance the financial standing of the church.
You will be joining a new staff team at a time of transformation and will have a unique opportunity to help shape the future direction of our church as a hub for the local community.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally have a professional qualification in finance and/or business management.
- Have detailed, authoritative knowledge and experience in financial procedures and audit requirements, preferably within the charity sector.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to lead, motivate and inspire staff and volunteers to achieve the highest standards;
- Have experience of strategic planning and leadership.
We can offer you:
- A caring, welcoming church with a strong Christian ethos;
- Church leaders, officers and volunteers who are motivated, committed and eager to support
- Autonomy within this role to develop, drive projects forward and the unique opportunity to plan and implement fund raising, get involved with bid and grant applications.
- A clear vision of church development and improvement
It is a requirement for this post holder to be in sympathy with the aims, values and ethos of the Methodist Church.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached when completing your application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.