Carer and Family Outreach Worker
Would you like to make a difference for Carers and families supporting someone with a mental health condition, from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority communities in Wandsworth?
If so, this could be the job for you!
This project aims to address the wellbeing of people from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority communities living in Wandsworth with mental health problems and their families and Carers. This project will work to identify and address the difficulties this group of Carers, (including young Carers) experience accessing support for themselves and the person they care for.
This role involves:
· Networking with families and organisations
· Identifying provision and best practice
· Engaging Carers in training and wellbeing activities
· Developing and cofacilitating a Carers Forum for Carers of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnicities
· Providing personalised support to families
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience of facilitating groups and or forums
· Experience of working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
· Knowledge and understanding of mental health and the experience and support needs of unpaid carers
· Lived experience of caring for someone experiencing mental ill health (Desirable)
About Wandsworth Carers’ Centre:
We are a busy, ambitious charity operating at the heart of the Wandsworth community since 1995, helping thousands of people across the borough in unpaid Caring roles. We give information and advice, organise respite, offer complementary therapies, deliver training, provide peer support, arrange fun events and much more. In short, we are the Carer's friend and advocate, often helping Carers through difficult times.
Wandsworth Carers’ Centre is an inclusive employer. We are committed to building a diverse organisation that represents the communities we serve and ensuring inclusion in everything we do.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.