We're Scouting for talent...!
Scouting across North East Somerset is going through a very exciting period with increasing numbers of children, young peopleand adult volunteers getting involved! We are recruting a Group Scout Leader for 1st Saltford Scout Group with a view to managing and supporting the existing local volunteers to run more effectively and develop further.
Assist and helpensure the best structures and practices are established to support the Group and volunteers. Give line management and support to the volunteers so that an exciting, challenging and balanced programme is delivered to the children and young people. Interact with other local Scout Groups. Delegate appropriate tasks to an existing and experienced team of volunteers. As a volunteer role we would ask for around 2-3 hours of your time per week
- Will be a people-person, able to motivate, support and lead a team of adults.
- Will be a good time manager, able to balance personal life and other commitments.
- Will bea good planner and can communicate in a timely and effective way.
- Has no need for previous experience of Scouting.
What's in it for me?
- Having the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of children and young people.
- Fit the role around your time availability.
- Having the opportunity to put something back into the community and leave a legacy for future generations.