The Cash and Livelihoods Advisor leads on driving robust technical and advisory support to our cash-based and livelihoods programmes in Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, Democratic Republic of Congo and Central African Republic.
This role contributes to the development of new, high quality multipurpose or sectoral CVA (cash and voucher assistance) and livelihoods programmes in emergency, recovery and protracted crises, to support in-country staff and to develop their technical skills both remotely and through in-country visits. The Advisor also contributes to continuously improve cash and livelihoods projects monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) component. The role would also support our livelihoods programming so a solid background in food security, livelihoods and economic strengthening would also be critical to the role. Experience with child focused protection, social protection and/or Gender Based Violence (GBV) programming would also be strongly appreciated.
Place of Work:
Our office is in Kentish Town (NW5). We would consider WCUK locations other than London for the candidate to be based. This role is open to occasional homeworking
Full-time is 37.5 hours. This role is open to flexible working including compressed hours, part-time hours, flexi-time
- Flexible working - we recognise the considerable benefits that flexible working can bring and are happy to discuss any possible flexible working options with our employees from hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
- Annual leave – 28 days per year (full-time) rising to 33 days with service, plus UK bank holidays
- Pension - all eligible employees automatically enrolled into a Group Personal Pension Plan with a 5% employer contribution, with minimum employee contribution on a salary sacrifice basis
- Family leave – we offer enhanced maternity, paternity & shared parental leave, and family friendly policies
- Health & wellbeing - employees may take advantage of a healthcare cash plan and a range of wellbeing initiatives and training. In addition, all employees have access to free, confidential one-to-one wellbeing consultations with trained counsellors.
- Learning & development - dedicated to the investment in learning and continuing professional development for all our employees
Our work with children and at-risk adults to keep them safe is the most important thing we do. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in all areas of our work. We have zero tolerance for any behaviours and practices that puts children and/or vulnerable adults at risk of abuse and/or harm
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.