We are looking for a hardworking and supportive team player who has a passion for our mission and for figures. The Finance Officer joins War Child at an exciting time, as we are growing and will therefore be expected to work on projects to ensure that the right changes are made line with the growth of our organisation. The Finance Officer is expected to support the UK Finance Advisor and Head of Finance in the continued development and implementation of War Child’s overriding financial management and reporting framework and financial policies. You will be supporting the UK Financial Adviser to ensure the completeness and accuracy of financial information in UK. As War Child is an international NGO the Finance Officer will be expected to have a close working relationship with the teams in the countries we operate.
This role is central to the smooth operation of War Child’s day to day UK financial processing and reporting during a period of organisational growth. It is expected to support the UK Finance Adviser and Head of Finance in the development and implementation of War Child’s financial policies, with a particular focus on UK headquarters.
• Routine financial management processes for UK office (supplier payments, maintenance of nominal ledgers and balance sheet accounts, entry of income, tax & supplier payments into accounting software package).
• Management and maintenance of Fixed Asset register.
• Managing financial relationship with partner organisations and the bank.
• Work closely with the teams in our overseas countries to ensure that intercompany accounts are up-to-date and reconciled on monthly basis.
• Ensuring correct processing of invoices from suppliers, ensuring that invoices are authorized in accordance with the Delegation of Authority policy and coded to correct account and cost centre.
• Processing BACS payments to suppliers, staff members for expenses claims and overseas countries for our operations.
• Review payroll data received from payroll service provider and follow up with HR if there is any anomaly as well as preparing and posting of monthly payroll journal.
• Administering credit card limits and processing new cards for new starters and cancelling cards for staff leavers.
• Work with the UK Finance Adviser to do monthly income processing and reconciliation and the preparation of the monthly management accounts.
• Balance sheet reconciliations (fixed assets, debtors, staff advance accounts, prepayments, creditors, salary control accounts, accruals, intercompany).
• Training new staff members on financial policies and procedures and refresher training for existing staff members, to ensure that all staff adhere to organisational financial policies & procedures.
• Performing other financial duties as delegated by the Finance Adviser and Head of Finance