War Child has an exciting vacancy for a Head of Gaming as part of our growing Fundraising and Marketing department. We’re looking for a dynamic person with expertise from the video games industry to lead our award-winning team of specialist gaming fundraisers. The successful candidate will be able to deliver and build upon our gaming strategy as well as inspiring the team to continued success. As a result, they will have a direct impact on the lives of children who have been affected by conflict.
The Head of Gaming is responsible for leading War Child’s award-winning Gaming team as part of the wider Fundraising and Marketing department.
Your key objective is to deliver on the organisation’s gaming strategy and to grow income by working with the International video games industry as well as gamers themselves to help War Child deliver quality programmes to an increased number of children in conflict zones.
Gaming has been highlighted as one of War Child’s most important target sectors for innovation and growth. As the strategic lead for all of War Child’s approach to the video games industry, you will be uniquely placed to deliver a lasting impact on War Child and the children we serve.
• Lead the Gaming team to maximise the value War Child receives from current or future gaming partnerships.
• Accountable for building and delivering the Gaming Team Strategy.
• Accountable for the development and delivery of the Gaming annual plan and income and expenditure budget ensuring we maintain a high return on investment.
• Accountable for marketing and promoting all gaming activations to maximise audience engagement with support from War Child Digital teams.
• Accountable for wider operational decisions and communications on behalf of War Child as part of the Management Team including shared accountability for the Operational Risk register, a key management tool.
• Bring your global experience and understanding of international trademarking to international activations and collaboration with global partner charities.
• Line manage the Gaming team, ensuring they are contributing to team objectives while supporting them with their personal and professional development.
• Manage the external Gaming Committee comprised of senior leaders in the industry ensuring we can maximise their impact for War Child.
• Manage risks related to all Gaming Partnerships
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.